Reddog49

Reddog49

First let me say hello to all forum members. I signed up today and look forward to enjoying these forums and if possible helping where I can. Good luck and Health to you all! I am considering an Edge M-22. Do you think its to much to tow with a GMC Envoy 6Cyl? I currently own a Shamrock 19 FT.

jimtoo

Hi Reddog49,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family soon. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some answers from other Edge owners soon. And I am moving the thread to the Edge area also.

Enjoy the forum.

By the way... I like the name Red Dog. It's almost a family name as my Father was Red Dog on the CB radios that were popular back in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I spent many an hour talking to Red Dog.

Jim M

mikeyy53

Welcome.
We have a Edge M21 and did pull it with a GMC Envoy XL and before that we had a Chevy Trailblazer. We discovered through trail and error to keep the TV in Drive not Overdrive. The only issue we had was going up the hills. We recently upgraded to a 3/4 ton Silverado as we are going to be upgrade our tralier to a 5th wheeling in the near future.

Good Luck

bocojla

First let me say hello to all forum members. I signed up today and look forward to enjoying these forums and if possible helping where I can. Good luck and Health to you all! I am considering an Edge M-22. Do you think its to much to tow with a GMC Envoy 6Cyl? I currently own a Shamrock 19 FT.
I tried pulling my M22 with a Trailblazer. It would pull, but not with enough power. I was using a WD hitch with dual cam sway control and still had issues with buffeting when passed by large vehicles. The SUV is just too short and too light to pull the M22 with complete safety. I ultimately went to a Crew cab pickup. Much better!!

Reddog49

Thanks for the info. I use Red Dog (Reddog, the way I spell it) because my wife and I 0wn a Reddog Coon Hound named Casey. He's a great dog with a personality that always keeps us laughing. Good luck and Happy healthy camping!