Post PDI adjustments

After taking delivery last month, I modified a few items on our 07 3400:

The bedroom light switch panel arrangement was a bit odd. The first switch was Shower, then Vanity and finally Overhead. When I first step into the bedroom and put my hand around the corner for the light switches, I'd rather turn on the overhead light first. It was easy to swap the switches in the panel and restick the labels in a "better" order.

Still in the bedroom, the CO detector placement allowed for the Test button to be pushed by the wardrobe cabinet door every time it was opened. Had to reposition that detector!

I read another post a while ago about the TV wiring and a concern how to get the TV audio to run through the integrated receiver. Our TV came wired wrong. After moving the RCA plugs to the correct spot on the TV, audio was A-ok. Another TV item is the coach mounted antenna (crank up one) only allowed either the TV or the radio to receive a signal. So after a trip to Radio Shack, I installed an antenna splitter and now both get a great signal.

Integrated audio system. It's positioned on the bottom shelf, but with the cabinet door closed, the IR port is blocked and the remote doesn't work. I'll have to reposition the unit higher. Also, I haven't found the subwoofer yet, or I should say, I don't hear any bass. I have the fireplace, is it behind there?

We really love the rig, even made an oak door for the bedroom TV "hole" and Deb's 8 bottle wine cooler in the front wardrobe makes a nice finishing touch!

nhunter

Yep, the subwoofer is behind the fireplace. You might want to check in the Setup mode to see if your sub volume is turned up. Then check the wires on the back of the stereo for the sub. IF you end up pulling your fireplace ( easily done) you might want to check for an air gap underneath the front of fireplace. Ours was sitting right on the carpet so I had to raise it with1/4" plywood so it didn't get to hot.

I pulled the fireplace and found the speaker wires pushed too far into the speaker connectors - it was making contact with the plastic insulation. Pulled them back a bit to contact the wires and it works great!

Wine cooler

Finally home! Gary, here's two pictures of the wine cooler we bought at Target Stores a few years ago. It's an 8 bottle Sunbeam cooler. Debbie thinks it made too much noise at night so we quit using it last year.

We placed it on the upper shelf in the front wardrobe above the washer/dryer plumbing.

Attachments

• Wine cooler1.jpg
    Wine cooler1.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 36
  • winecooler2.jpg
    winecooler2.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 32