Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Casey's Riverside RV park
  • 46443 Westfir Road
  • Westfir, OR 97492
  • Identify yourself as being with the Heartland group and ask to be put in our block of sites. (541) 782-1906
  • http://www.caseysrvpark.com/
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: N/A
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $$0

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 17 Pull Throughs
  • Site fee: $$35.97 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/24/2011
  • Potluck time: 6 PM

• Event Leader: ziggy(click to contact)
Additional Info:
People will have until April 15 to call and make their own reservations for those specific sites. After that those spots will go back to 'first come, first served' status. The cost will be $35.97 which is less than even the Good Sam discount. We have been here before and it is a lovely place on the middle fork of the Willamette River.

More information and specifics will be available in the future. Please check this post to find the latest updates.

Hope you can make it!

You may still call and get a site. Even if you get separated from the group, the park is easy to walk and not too big.

People registered so far:

9/09/2011 - 10 Rigs
+ visitors

Patricia & Dave (shelsey)
PJ & Karol (gaffer) visiting
Bill (wdk40)
Jodi & Dean (shovelguy)
Jerry & Deb ( Earlsberry)
Bob & Judy
Kristy & Mark (ziggy)
Diana & Gary (boatdoc/gardengal)
Linda & Ray (w/ shovelguy)
Dale & Margi (JDR)
Bob & Pat (TxBobcat)

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK Folks, this is it. The decision has been made and the
dates have been set for the 2011 Oregon Campout.

Its being called a campout because it will be pretty small and informal. A fall date was chosen to help spread out the many possible camping experiences that will be available throughout the summer. I think your wagon masters have chosen a wonderful place for a campout.

Casey's is a small park located along the Willamette River between Oakridge and Eugene on Hwy. 58. It is a fantastic example of the beauty Oregon has to offer and the weather late in September is usually warm during the day and cooler at night. It is an excellent time to enjoy a wooded setting next to a river and relax with friends.

For those who need more activity rather than just relaxing around camp, Eugene is about 45 min. away and offers lots of shopping etc. Those coming from CA might want to stop off at Seven Feathers in Canyonville on the way up in case they have some loose change to put into a slot machine. :cool:

Mark and I are not leading this one. The Madison's and the Rodman's have agreed to be the wagon masters in our absence. I know they look forward to planning a great weekend for those who can make it. I also know they will appreciate all the help you guys have always offered to us at out past rallies.

I wish we could be there too!

Kristy

shovelguy

Thanks to Kristy for posting this announcement. We surely hope that lots of you Heartlanders will want to join us. The park is a very nice one and, having been there in the fall, we can attest to the beauty. The pull thru's are 75' in length and there are also back in sites that are 60' long. There is a very nice open air pavilion and a club house room for gatherings. We are planning another trip to this location over Memorial Day. Please let us know when you make your reservation so we can keep a listing of who is where. We are is space 37. D&J

shovelguy

So glad to see you at the top of the list. Looking forward to the get together. Come on everyone, check your calendars and get your reservations. D&J

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Working on our calendar, will know in the next few days. I do love this place and would love to do the camp out.

shelsay

Just made our reservation, arriving on the 22nd and leaving on the the 26th, in space 34. This will be our first club event, and we are really looking forward to meeting other Heartland owners. We've heard from several people how nice this park is.

Can anyone tell me how to change our signature (since we now have a new puppy)?

jnbhobe

Can anyone tell me how to change our signature (since we now have a new puppy)?

Go to Forum, Forum Actions, Edit profile. I think you can do it there, Look for edit signature on the left side. JON

shovelguy

Welcome on board shelsay. That makes four of us signed up for the camp out. Come on everyone, check your calendars and clear a space for the Oregon Heartland Owners' CampOut!! D&J

Gaffer

Been trying to get hold of Casey's all day. Just get the answering machine. Are they closed this time of year? Anyone know office hours?

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
When I made our reservations two weeks ago, Randy answered the phone but he was not in the office at the time and had to call me back. He called within the half hour and we took care of business.

Gaffer

They had some flooding so Randy was out of the office most of the day cleaning up. Got it taken care of.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Glad that worked for you. What site did you get and what days will you be there?
Kristy

Gaffer

Karol picked the site. I think it was 45 or 46. We are in on Thursday and out on Sunday. Randy said everyone else is in on Friday and out on Monday. You all might want to check your confirmations if those aren't the dates you wanted.

shovelguy

Please note the change on rally attendee cost. As per HOC policy, non-club members will have a rally charge of $20 per rig to cover cost of rally materials. I neglected to list that at the beginning of this announcement. If anyone who is not a member wants to become a member, you can join by using the link at the top of the forum. If anyone wishes to change their attendance plans, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for understanding.

We are having a problem with this given this Oregon 'camp out' is not even a rally. There are only a few folks signed up. We are not planning much more than a potluck and perhaps a joint meal at a local restaurant, paid for individually. Just what costs exactly would the $20 fee to our SOB friends cover? Are we missing something here?

Kristy

We are having a problem with this given this Oregon 'camp out' is not even a rally. There are only a few folks signed up. We are not planning much more than a potluck and perhaps a joint meal at a local restaurant, paid for individually. Just what costs exactly would the $20 fee to our SOB friends cover? Are we missing something here? D&J

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Just what costs exactly would the $20 fee to our SOB friends cover? Are we missing something here? D&J

Hi Dean & Jodi!

I sent you a PM with some thoughts on this but just so you know, it may not have been ziggy's decision to charge the $20. I know I had no charge for anyone at the WA Rally in August but I received a phone call telling me that I had to charge non-members the $20 fee. Perhaps ziggy got a similar call.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
As this is our first experience doing a rally/campout, I am definitely in the learning curve! It looks like the initial costs will be mine since there are no Chapter funds established yet...hence the simple schedule! Hopefully the reimbursment will cover the small amount of expenses.

Happy Camping!

Status
Not open for further replies.