Soon to be proud owner of a Big Country

Venus

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the Heartland Owners Forum. My husband, Jon and I will soon be proud owners of the 2011 Big Country 3510 5th wheel. :D We cannot wait for delivery in the spring (they are building it now).

We both enjoy RVing and are now both retired so we can 'escape' frequently to enjoy this new life.

We call Sarnia, Ontario, Canada home, but I am currently writing this note from Ocala, Florida. We made the trek down to Florida to #1. Attend the 2011 RV Rally in Tampa and #2. escape the cold in Ontario. I have wanted to attend this Rally and therefore we changed travel plans so that we could do so this year. Florida will be 'home' until mid March when we will have to start making our trip back home. The best part of returning home is to pick up our new Big Country from the dealership! Our first trip out with it will be to travel to Kingston to attend our daughter's wedding!!

We are currently camping in our 2005 Titanium 28E33SB 5th wheel. This unit has taken us on many great journeys but staying in it for extended periods can be a little 'too cozy' so we opted for something more roomier.

Other interests are travel (most of which is in our RV) but we have flown to St. Lucia (2 times), Antigua (2 times), Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic (3 times), and Cuba (1 time) for all-inclusive vacations. Photography is also a great passion of mine and we started a photography company this year. Visit us on Facebook (Sarnia Photography) or www.sarniaphotography.ca

Our last long trip was to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island in the summer of 2010 for a 6 week stay. This summer we will likely go to Alberta with our new RV and experience the west hospitality.

We travel with our 'almost 2 year old' Bichon-Poo, "Monty". We call him Monty the Wonderdog. He is a wonderful traveller and I think he enjoys camping as much as we do.

Looking forward to being part of this forum and to add info and notes where I can.

Helen
Heartland 2011 Big Country 3510

jimtoo

Hi Helen (Venus),

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

That's a great biography of yourself. I'm sure you will find lots of others with some of the same travels and experiences. RV'ing is such a great thing and you meet the best people regardless of where you go.

On your way home and to pickup your new Big Country, please do a really good PDI and even spend a night or two at the dealer or close by if you can. Be sure you can operate everything and everything works.

And when you get tired of Florida, you might try Texas for a winter get-a-way. You could become a Winter Texan. Lots of great things to take pictures of and learn about Texas history. We also have a lot of great people from the Norther US and Canada in the RGV each year.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum and if you have questions, just ask.

Jim M

Willym

Welcome Helen and Jon. I too am an ex-Ti owner and know Jon - he bought the tailgate for your Ford from me! Did you get your BC from Eric?

Will we see you in Kingston at the Ti re-union?

Riverman

Welcome & congrats on the new Big Country!
Im sure you will enjoy many years of new adventures in it.
We will be watching for you on the roads in Western Canada!

bacaye

A big welcome from one Big Country owner to both of you. We love our Big Country and hope you will too. We also have a 2011 but ours is a 3450 TS....I hope one of these day we will meet you at a rally. Barb and Bill

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig! You will love the Big Country. We are very pleased with ours!

Best Wishes!

Hi Helen

My husband and I are also previous Titanium owners. We traveled in our 2002 29E34 for the last 8 years and loved it. But, I do understand your comment about being "too cozy" that was also one of our reasons for looking at Heartland products. We just recently traded for a BigHorn 3185 which is now sitting in our shed waiting for spring. Congrats on your new purchase and perhaps we will meet on the road or at a rally.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on your new Big Country. We hope you will enjoy it as much as we have our. What a great summary of your travels. Can't wait till the days we can do that (retirement still not in the picture yet :()

Venus

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your note back to me!
We are planning on staying at the dealership for a night (or 2) to check things out. The dealership is a 2 hour drive away for us so we want to make sure that everything is running in tip/top shape before bringing it home.

We have lots of plans to do alot of travelling, and Texas is on the list for sure..... so is Arizona, and so many other states and provinces. Alot of land to travel... hopefully we have enough time!

Helen

Venus

Hello Bill & Margaret,
Small world, isn't it? Yes, we purchased our BC from Eric at Morrey's. We will have our new rig in time for the Kingston re-union. I guess we'll see you then.

Funny story... I didn't think that the tailgate was a great purchase, but of course didn't discourage Jon from purchasing it... but now, I'm glad he did buy it from you. I don't have to worry about the tailgate ever going through the basement of the Titanium! LOL

See you in May.
Helen
ps... I'm trying to talk Jon into joining this group here... I don't know if he has yet. I can't believe I beat him to it! LOL But then again, I'm SO EXCITED about the new trailer!

Venus

Hi Nathan & Byrd,
Thanks for your warm welcome and your comments on my 'summary'. I sometimes can be one who talks (types) way too much (being that I can type 100 wpm) so I'll have to be careful! LOL

Tennessee... what a beautiful state. I'm not sure where in Tennessee you call home, but we have camped at a Passport America campground called "Deer Run RV Resort" in Crossville, TN (right on the Cumberland plateau). It has to be my absolute FAVOURITE campground in the United States thus far. Very, very clean and well kept and a huge campground with a lake within the property. Many of the pictures that Kim uses on her website are from me - in fact the ones she uses in Facebook and on the Passport America site are from me.

If you are near Crossville and want to see a wonderful campground, check this one out: http://www.deerrunrvresort.com/ If time permits we will be stopping there on our way back home this year.

Helen

Venus

Hello Mike & Karen,
The Titanium trailers are wonderful trailers and we have had many wonderful days (and months) in it. In fact, we are still enjoying it as I type! It is a wonderful rig to pull (so my husband says) but yes, a little 'cozy'. I also will appreciate the larger storage area in the basement as well.

Both of us are trading at the same time and will be enjoying our new Big Country trailers the same spring!!! Enjoy your travels with it.
Helen