looking for ideas

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I have been looking at campground memberships, but they seem to cost a lot of money. Have seen some on ebay TT/NACO. But most have a 14 day limit and you have to leave the park. Just looking for input. :eek:

Thanks, Butch

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
B. Lee said:
I have been looking at campground memberships, but they seem to cost a lot of money. Have seen some on ebay TT/NACO. But most have a 14 day limit and you have to leave the park. Just looking for input. :eek:

Thanks, Butch
Check your local Iwanna sale papers,or in the want ads. Sometimes you can find a charter membership(one campground) for as low as $500.00,I did. You are offered the option to upgrade to coast to coast or other options at a lesser price than buying directly from the campground.As far as the 14 day limit goes I think,that that may be pretty much the standard.Now I am sure that others will weigh in on the subject.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Butch,
We currently have a Thousand Trails membership and really enjoy it. We have a campground just 20 minutes away that we go to just about every weekend (Thurs-Sun). We currently have a Plantinum membership which allows us to stay at one campground up to 21 days then we can go to another campground in the system for up to 21 days and so on. There are many "flavors" of memberships, so be careful what you buy second hand.

When we purchased ours it seemed like alot of money but we are just entering our 40's right now so our plan was to get it now while the kids are still young and have it paid for and ready for later.

Hope this helps,

Mark

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
stay longer at 1000 Trails

Most of the 1000 Trails parks allow you to stay longer for a small fee. They are all different, but the park at Medina Lake Texas charges $275 plus 75 electric for an additional 4 weeks. As soon as we are able to go fulll time, we plan on typically staying 6 weeks in each 1000 Trails location. When you work the numbers, it is a good deal.

If you buy off ebay, be careful not to spend too much. You can get the full National membership from the park for about $4000.

J

Jim_1899

I would rather camp at a State Park or National Recreation Area. They always have 1,000's of acres of woods, with lakes and streams. I like to get away from the city and traffic.

Although if there was a nice campground in our area I would visit it and consider it.

Last edited:

jrlebaron

I have TT and Outdoor World memberships. We are not full timers some call us long timers. We get our money's worth from both. Was out for almost 7 month's this past year. We just upgraded our membership in TT to platium allowing us to stay for three weeks and move to another park. Most parks have an extended stay programs for a fee if you don't want to move.
Jim