Changing Tire location.

Brett2413

Hey Ya'll I'm wanting to relocate the spair tire from the rear bumper to under the front as I have seen others have it there. I've looked in the lippert site but haven't found the tire mount, any ideas where I could find the tire mount for this project?:confused:

caissiel

Look in Lippert accessories they have an under the frame mount carrier similar to the carriers on the back of trucks. My BC unit had it behind the axles and I was able to locate it in front of the axles in order to mount my 2 Kayakes behind the axles.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If you are a DIY'er you can make a better stronger mount for around $30. I spanned a 3" x 3" x 3/16" piece of angle iron ( 5'-11 1/4" long) across the inside lip if the I-beam frame, drill 2- holes in it for 1/2" x 6" bolts to hold the spare. If you don't have a welder the ends can be held inplace with a #10 tek screw (pre-drill the lower frame lip). Use a racket strap across the frame and under the tire to lower if needed.

Brett2413

Look in Lippert accessories they have an under the frame mount carrier similar to the carriers on the back of trucks. My BC unit had it behind the axles and I was able to locate it in front of the axles in order to mount my 2 Kayakes behind the axles.
I would really like to see how you mounted your kayaks.

Brett2413

If you are a DIY'er you can make a better stronger mount for around $30. I spanned a 3" x 3" x 3/16" piece of angle iron ( 5'-11 1/4" long) across the inside lip if the I-beam frame, drill 2- holes in it for 1/2" x 6" bolts to hold the spare. If you don't have a welder the ends can be held inplace with a #10 tek screw (pre-drill the lower frame lip). Use a racket strap across the frame and under the tire to lower if needed.
Now your talking. I don't know why I didn't think of that.