Watercraft

5erWonk

Hey HappyKayakers,

I'm just guessing by your signitures you must be hauling some kayaks, if so what kind and how?

DW and I before we swithched to the 5ers had a TT and we had our 18' flat water canoe on top of our Suburban, nowhere to put that yacht on a 5er, so we've been considering a couple of single kayaks which should strap on top of the Dodge mega cab.

We sure don't want to miss out on our paddlin'.

Any suggestions.

HappyKayakers

We're using a Yakima dry dock in a front receiver hitch and a regular Yakima rack with saddles on the forward part of the cab. The front receiver hitch was installed by a hitch shop after we got the truck and is fairly low. We've scraped it a few times on deep dips. I've seen other trucks where they got a welder to fabricate an attachment directly on the tow rings.

Attachments

• SaltSprings1.jpg
    SaltSprings1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 62

CrazyTed

I've seen a few kayaks mounted to the top of 5ers using the ladders and racks meant for trucks. Seemed to work really well....

K

Ken Washington

Be careful doing this! It is already tall. I would not think it would b a good idea.

Ken

5erWonk

HK

Good point....

bsnider,

I haven't seen the Puffins, the double really looks more like a canoe. The only problem we'll have with single kayaks is DYL (dear yellow lab) will not be happy left on dry land.

Well we have some time to decide....Just got confirmation our 3055 is coming off the line on 2/18, can't wait!!!!

Hey Scott, put you best QC team on that rig!!!