New Rushmore on order but???

Having purchased without physically seeing the unit I'd love to know how much space is actually in the pantry (depth and # of shelves). I can't find pictures of the pantry interior anywhere. For that matter it would be nice to see some pictures of all the cupboard interiors.

It would also be great if they would add an electrical outlet over the stairs to the bedroom so you could install a nightlight and not have to turn on bright lights if you get up at night.

We've been assured that the vacuum outlet will be accessible to just sweep into from the kitchen but I can't see it in any of the pics.

We ordered our Rushmore a little over three weeks ago and are still waiting to hear when we might expect delivery. They say changes are still being made so we're guessing they might title ours as a 2012. Would be nice to know what those changes are. We've "heard" that there are drawers under the bed which would be great. Does anyone know if that's true or a rumor?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Having purchased without physically seeing the unit I'd love to know how much space is actually in the pantry (depth and # of shelves). I can't find pictures of the pantry interior anywhere. For that matter it would be nice to see some pictures of all the cupboard interiors.
This may depend on whether you have a 2 door or 4 door refrigerator. The pantry location will be different for each. We have a 4 door in our Grand Canyon, so the hall storage area becomes the pantry and it is at least 18-24 inches deep.

It would also be great if they would add an electrical outlet over the stairs to the bedroom so you could install a nightlight and not have to turn on bright lights if you get up at night.
The Grand Canyon has a built in set of stairway nightlights. I'd be surprised if the Mt Rushmore didn't have these also.

We've been assured that the vacuum outlet will be accessible to just sweep into from the kitchen but I can't see it in any of the pics.
The vacuum outlet should be near the stairway. We use the drawers in the stairway to hold all the attachments. Also, the vacuum has a "lift to suck" featuyre so you can sweep debris over to the vacuum outlet, raise the cover skightly with your foot, and suck up all the dirt, crumbs, and dust.

We ordered our Rushmore a little over three weeks ago and are still waiting to hear when we might expect delivery. They say changes are still being made so we're guessing they might title ours as a 2012. Would be nice to know what those changes are. We've "heard" that there are drawers under the bed which would be great. Does anyone know if that's true or a rumor? Don't know about these drawers - sorry.

Buford445

As for the Nightlight I leave the light on above the stove as it's not bright enough to use cooking but it's just right as a nightlight but that's on my BH but it looks like it would work for you also

lwmcguir

The LED lights around the island base work very well for a night light also. Don't know how many models have those.

danemayer

We have the 2011 Rushmore. The pantry is about 10 inches deep, 3 sections on left adding up to almost 7 feet of pantry. The right side has less because part is taken up by the fuses and circuit breakers, and control panel. Even with that, there are 2 sections providing almost 5 feet of storage area. My wife put vertical dividers under the control panel since there are no shelves in that rather large area.

The Rushmore island has leds along the bottom that make a great nightlight.

The port for the vacuum hose is off the floor and it starts automatically when the hose is inserted (no switch).

Build time was 4 weeks for us last August, plus an extra week for full-body paint. We picked it up at an Elkhart dealer so that may have saved a couple of weeks of delivery time. If you've been on order for 3 weeks, Heartland should be able to give you or your dealer a build date that's pretty accurate.

jjwink

Our 2011 Rushmore has 2 small lights on the side of the steps. Great for night lights. The vacvuum connection is also on this wall. We ordered ours with the 2 door fridge and the pull out pantry. There is lots of storage in that pantry plus the one on the wall. We use the closet where the control panel is for coats. I do wish there was storage under the bed. We also bought a small drawer stack from Lowes and put it in the closet where the washer/dryer would go.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I cannot say for sure, as we've not seen the new Rushmore, only the Grand Canyon and the San Antonio...but the ones we've seen do have the drawers under the bed and the bed no longer lifts up. Also, I noticed that there were no lights around the island base, as in the older units built before late December 2010...

h2ok9

Greetings
we have a 2011 rushmore (april 2010). Ours has the central vac but there is no dustpan device. Thought there would be but not ! there are small lights to light the stairs and the island has toe lights, both work well for night lights. We have double fridge so no pantry. we fulltime and needed fridge space more than addiitonal pantry space. With some modifications to all the cabinets there is lots of storage. A lot of wasted space in all cabinets as delivered. We do not have drawers under bed and don't know any status regarding changes there. Enjoy your unit. We love ours.