Protective sealant????????????

We just purchased a platnium edge at the rv show in Cleveland. We were offered the protective coating for a five year warrantee. Is this nesessary? I think we can just wax it.... Also, we purchased this over a aluminum frame camper. Have they fixed the stress frame cracks and weld issues. I am thinking about dinomatting the frame and bottom. What do you guys and the factory think???????? Thanks we can't wait to get it and go camping!

branson4020

Icantre Member
The overpriced "sealant" is just a way for dealer to make an extra buck off you. If you really want this stuff, you can do it yourself for a tenth of what the dealer will charge.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just purchased a platnium edge at the rv show in Cleveland. We were offered the protective coating for a five year warrantee. Is this nesessary? I think we can just wax it.... Also, we purchased this over a aluminum frame camper. Have they fixed the stress frame cracks and weld issues. I am thinking about dinomatting the frame and bottom. What do you guys and the factory think???????? Thanks we can't wait to get it and go camping!

Here's a link to a similar post I made recently that may answer some of your question, Trace

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...rtland-factory-opinion-please?highlight=rejex

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I personally think the dinomating is a waste of money and a profit builder for the dealer. You can do it yourself or spray it with Rustoliem (sic) paint.

GOTTOYS

Unless you can get it applied for under $100. forget about it. I really don't like it when dealer's push these often overpriced add-ons. I dislike it enough to make me question the integrity of the dealership. More than once I have taken my business elsewhere because of it. There is no chance the frame on a trailer will ever have major issues because of rust. That's a heavy piece of metal. Any coatings are strictly for cosmetic reasons. A little sanding and some spray primer and paint will keep it looking new, if that matters...Don

Thanks for all the Help! We just ordered it today, wish the weather was a little nicer. We did not get the sealant. Finance guys always worry me at the dealerships, because i was one for a long time at a local car dealership. We offered that type of thing but it was a simple decline or yes we want it. They really pushed the warranty on us too with we declined. Most things are going to happen after the five years anyway.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
UPDATE ON REJEX;
Here in SoCal I just found it at Ace & Tru-value hardware stores. It's about the same price as on the Rejex website.