Toyo or Hankook?

funntheson

I am going to replace my stock tires on my 2011 F350 SRW.

Which would you go with and why?

285/70 R17 AT both rated at 3750 load rate.

I realize a lot of you don't care for foreign tires. I understand that on the trailers, where there have been numerous problems, but on my truck, I am considering all tires with good reviews/reputations. I am leaning toward the Toyo's, but I am open to other suggestions as well.

I also use this as my everyday vehicle. No offroad use, other than a dirt road here and there.

How much do you think I can get for (5) General Grabber HTS LT245/75 R17?
1 is new.The other 4 have less than 2500 miles.

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Last edited:

osims

bsims
When i change tires on my F350 there is no doubt i will go with Michelin tires. They have served me well for many years.

DW_Gray

I just replaced my worn out stock tires with 6 Michelin LTX M/S2 last month. I got the best price from TireRack.com. I had them shipped to the local Big O Tires for installation. I called 5 different tire dealers in the area and they could not come close to the price and none would match the Tire Racks price.

I considered the same tires you are as well as the Grabber, but with Tire Racks Michelin price, it was too good to pass up.

lwmcguir

We run some Nexen's and Hankooks, very well made tires. When the Goodyear all steel aren't available we put on Hankooks. Also have ran Toyos with good luck. These are all in the E or heavier class. Currently have Michelin's on the F350, Nexen's on one F250 and Hankooks (drive) and Goodyear (steering) on the F550. All of them are performing very well.

2010augusta

We have AH11 Hankooks on the 450 and they are quite good, very little road noise and wear good. They are an F rated tire on a 19.5 wheel.

Duramax1

I just purchased Michelin LTX MS2 tires, the latest generation of MS tires from Michelin. Pleased so far.

Moose

I use Michelin LTX M/S2 in summer and Michelin LTX Winter for the other 9 months up here. LOL

funntheson

I just replaced my worn out stock tires with 6 Michelin LTX M/S2 last month. I got the best price from TireRack.com. I had them shipped to the local Big O Tires for installation. I called 5 different tire dealers in the area and they could not come close to the price and none would match the Tire Racks price.

I considered the same tires you are as well as the Grabber, but with Tire Racks Michelin price, it was too good to pass up.

The tires you got are Load Range D, which is fine for your dually, but I want to raise my load rate, so I need load range E. Instead of being rated at 3195# per tire, they are rated at 3750# per tire.

caissiel

You need 80psi air in your tire, so for me I never tow unless I have the full air capacity.
I once turned the tires on the rim of a smaller truck with a smaller trailer while braking.

I know a man in my home town that tows his 14k trailer with the F450 with only 40PSI in the rear, because it rides to rough. I told him I would not leave the driveway with that setup.

I would never use a tire made in China or Korea. Shop around , there are still American made tires out there. At the very least, use Michelin.

jnbhobe

285/70 R17 AT both rated at 3750 load rate.

That is not a standard size either, It may only be available in off brand tires.

They will also change the gear ratio to a higher ratio.

Last edited: