Plumbing issue

jheitman

The bedroom floor in our 32 re started getting wet and I found the bathroom sink drain tubing connections were all extremely loose. These junctions have screw together connections. I was able to tighten each about one and a half full turns before they were even somewhat tight. I'm sure they should not be this loose. I checked those under the kitchen sink and they were all loose too. Its like someone fit the pipes together but never tightened them. Anyone know how much force should be applied to seal these fittings? Are these types of fittings used elsewhere, like in the underbelly ?

jnbhobe

The fittings are just like the connections made in your home. The difference is your house hasn't bounced down the hiway.I check them every couple of months while the rig is new, after that they will seat themselves and will not need checked as often. You should also check the water connections on the faucets and water heater and pump.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, You should be fine with hand tight on those drain fittings. The large nut that seals the drain tube to the sink may require a bit more and there is a special tool for that. It's a basin wrench. There might be a trap for the shower in the basement right below the shower. It might be a stretch but you should be able to reach it.

As Jon said, these should settle after a few trips and while they might not ever leak again, it doesn't hurt to check now and then.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a look at the drain flange gasket in the sink, too. If it looks lopsided, like you can see more of it on one side than the other, loosen it and reseat it. That misinstallation will allow water to run outside the drain and into the cabinet. Fake board shelving inside does not take kindly to getting wet.

jheitman

Thanks for the feedback. Ill keep and eye on them for awile. We have put on some miles and I never checked them before.

Jim

buckeyebob

dont forget to reach up behind the outside shower connections and hand tighten the connections every so often ,i check all my plumbing connections every trip,cause if u dont ,by the time you realise its leaking lots of stufff is wet.ps the shower and toilet too!!!!