Heartland RV Revives Titanium Technology

jbeletti

Heartland RV Revives Titanium Technology

January 10, 2011 by RV Business

Elkhart, Ind.-based Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC has revived the exclusive Titanium cab-over front cap fashioned by now-defunct Canadian builder Glendale International Corp., incorporating the distinctive, aerodynamic design into three of its top-selling fifth-wheel lines, according to a news release.

Heartland reported that it had acquired the Titanium’s intellectual property from Glendale last summer, including patents, trademarks and industrial design rights. Oakville, Ontario-based Glendale, which filed for bankruptcy in January 2010, dominated the Canadian fifth-wheel marketplace with its Titanium lineup.

“We acquired all the patents, so we will be the only company offering this highly innovative design,” said Coley Brady, vice president of sales for Heartland. “Everyone familiar with the industry – trade and consumer – recognizes the Titanium cabover cap as one of those engineering advances that really impacts the market. We will be offering the Titanium front cap in our luxury Bighorn fifth-wheel brand along with the Road Warrior and Cyclone toy hauler lines.”

“Essentially, a 32-foot trailer offers the same living area as a 37-footer because the nose of the trailer can accommodate a bedroom and wardrobe,” Brady said. “And because there is approximately 15% less trailer to tow, it significantly cuts down on sway while improving gas mileage for the tow vehicle.”

Heartland is going into full production this month with the Bighorn Ti32, Road Warrior 30C and Cyclone 300C, all providing 37 feet of living space in a 32 ½-foot towing length, along with the Cyclone 370C offering 42 feet of living area in a 38-foot length. The two toy hauler lines will be equipped with Heartland’s Superslide, which affords 7 ½ feet of headroom, and the Bighorn model will be available with a standard royal maple wood grain or optional antique, hand-rubbed glazed pecan.

Brady said the new lines debuted to strong dealer response from Heartland’s dealer body at the recently completed National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky.
“We made the decision to incorporate the technology into existing lines versus coming out with a completely new brand,” Brady said. “Our dealers recognized that the Titanium models add tremendous franchise value, offering a sought-after, salable feature in brands that are already strong performers.”

Brady noted that consumers were also excited about the reprised Titanium front cap, including Tony Lane, owner of the online-based Titanium RV Owners Group. Lane, who resides in Tillonsburg, Ontario, noted that the Heartland design successfully “carries on the Glendale Titanium tradition.”

“The Heartland model will be my eighth since 2002,” Lane said. “The Titanium is the most stable trailer that I have ever towed, which is important because I put a lot of miles on my RV. The one thing I really notice is that you never get sucked in when you pass a semi. It also has a very comfortable, spacious living space.”

Attachments

• Heartland_RV_Revives_Titanium_Technology.pdf
    87.1 KB · Views: 156

kb0zke

Part of the reason we bought our mpg was to check out the Heartland family of trailers. We're looking down the road toward a 5th wheel, and were impressed by the Titanium design. Having that on the Bighorn really makes the BH attractive to us. I sure hope we'll get to see one at the Rally in June.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
One there will be lots of bighorns there all sizes and floor plains !!! Just take your pick.

Willym

Interesting.
How much will it increase the pin weight?

I know that on the original Titaniums, the pin weights were in the same range as other 5th Wheels. The "balance" of the trailer is set by where the weight is, and where the wheels are. Both are determined by the designer.

rnewk52

Our previous 5er was a 2007 Titanium 36E41MPRV (toyhauler). It was 3 axles, 41' overall, 10' garage, had a smaller fresh water tank than our 2011 Cyclone 3812, and no fuel station. I don't have the exact hitch weights but I do know when both units were loaded and full of water the Titanium "squatted" my truck almost 2" more than the Cyclone. I personally believe the biggest advantage to the Titanium design is the shorter towing length. I have not noticed any fuel mileage difference between the two units and I've never exceeded 65 MPH with either one. Just one man's experience.........

Last edited:

caissiel

I just observed a Tennessee camper that left the park the other day with a similar TiTanium and I did notice that his F350 Duelly was very low in the back. But I never noticed if he had a heavy load in the Garage. I would think that loading the Garage would have helped with pin weight. Most owners have one or 2 motorcycle in the garage.

jbeletti

See the Bighorn Ti at 1pm today (14-Jan) at the Tampa RV Show

If you are still at or staying near the Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa and you'd like to see the Bighorn Ti, Tony and Sharon Lane will be showing their unit at 1pm today.

They are camping on-site at the show and are a few sites away from Mickey and Bonnie (site A71), our FL Chapter Leaders.

Also, at site A71 today from 11 am to 1 pm, Mickey and Bonnie, our FL Chapter Leaders will be cooking up a free lunch for you and your friends. Please stop by for a bite to eat and an opportunity to speak to other Heartland owners.

RV site A71 is near the pavilion. Basically, if you go out the front door of the building Heartland is in, walk down the aisle that our outdoor display is in and continue to the end of that aisle, you will run into the pavilion.

Jim

JJnLilly

Re: See the Bighorn Ti at 1pm today (14-Jan) at the Tampa RV Show

Thing to remember about the Titanium plans are the space required to park the unit. It may be a 32 footer, but you need all 37 plus feet to park it.

Vtxkid

Hey Jim, we have a few RV shows going on here in the DC/ Norfolk Va area in the next few weeks, would one of these TI units be present here by chance?!?

beardedone

Beardedone

Having owned a Titanium previously (29-34) I can say that parking a longer model is not always a problem because the front "kick-out" was high enough you can park under it easily. Longer was better! (I even parked parallel under it at times)