Cyclone Clearance Height

MrBill

I don't have any literature stating the clearance height of my '08 3795 and have found conflicting specs from various web sites ranging from 12'9" to 13'3". Can you give me an exact answer so I don't have to measure it myself?

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Cyclone -

No,,, no one can give you the exact measurement because they do not have your tow vehicle. Someone towing with a 1/2 ton with frame setting on axles ( and I have seen this) is going to be setting lower than someone with a 3/4 or 1 ton vehicle. The only way you will know your height is to load it, hook up and find the highest place on your unit, when you are setting level, probably front a/c if you have one. Lay a board across the unit and measure to the ground.

My 3055RL factory measurement was 12' 9",,, but I added front A/C,,, towing with a 1 ton.. and I actually measure 13' 2" and I set pretty level hooked up.

I did move this post from the ATF since it is not possible for factory to answer because of to many variables.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Re: ATF: Cyclone -

Easiest way I found to measure this is to hook up your trailer and find a nice flat parking lot. Sit a laser level on the highest point, on my Cyclone that is the rear AC, and drop a tape measure to the ground and shoot the tape.

Subtract the distance from the base of the laser to the beam, typically 1 or 2 inches and you have your height.

13' on my Cyclone - but I will check it again in the spring.

gpshemi

I agree with Jim's idea that you can't use stock numbers or numbers from someone else. You have to measure yours to know exactly.

As far as it varying depending on vehicle though, so long as the coach is level during tow, it has nothing to do with half ton, 1ton, or sub compact car with a hitch welded to the roof. It is what it is. I think more to Jim's point really, is that "level varies with your truck to coach setup (pin setting, spring hanger settings, ect) and loading, therefore so does your height.

Gotta go measure it.