New Puppy

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
We've acquired a new puppy (red & white border collie) to go along with us on our trips and to be a companion to our other border collie (Parker). He is 8 weeks old (weighted in at 12 lbs today) and, of course, full of energy. So far I've noticed that he appears to be even smarter than Parker. Those who have met Parker know how smart he is.

I have attached some pictures so that you can share in our joy.

Please give your dogs plenty of affection as we all know how important they are in our lives!

Attachments

• Logan_Jan 2011 030A.jpg
    Logan_Jan 2011 030A.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Logan_Jan 2011 029A.jpg
    Logan_Jan 2011 029A.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Logan_Jan 2011 022A.jpg
    Logan_Jan 2011 022A.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Logan_Jan 2011 021A.jpg
    Logan_Jan 2011 021A.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Logan_Jan 2011 007A.jpg
    Logan_Jan 2011 007A.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 73

dieselsweetheart

Oh my gosh that is just the sweetest puppy!!! Waaaaaaa I want a puppy!!! Enjoy!!! What is the little puppy's name and is he coming to Goshen??

Crumgater

Looks like a real sweetie - with that twinkle in his eye, I can see some creative mischief in your future! :)

Definately going to go give our two "puppies-at-heart" a hug, now (ages 3 and 7).

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
He's so cute!! I just love puppy energy and wish I had some.

reverts

He is so cute, they are great dogs. We have had a couple of them and they are so smart and good companions. Good luck with the puppy stage. Now I'm going to go give my spolied one a hug.

AK92CQ

Bob and Christine,
Congrats on the new pup, he's beautiful! We have to BCs that we will be traveling with also. Pepper is a blue merle and just turned nine months old, the new one is balck and white and is only 4 weeks old ( haven't picked him up or named him yet). They are so smart and easy to work with you just have to keep them busy and challenged to keep them out of trouble. Both of ours will be trained for K9 Search and Rescue. Good luck with the new pup and maybe will meet you on the road one day!!
Garland
new pup.jpg!cid_DDAFF0A9-FF45-4AEB-BFCC-B415AC2ADE17.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Bob & Christine - got any updated pictures of Logan? Would love to see how much he has grown.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Bob & Christine - got any updated pictures of Logan? Would love to see how much he has grown.

Logan is 5 months old now and is almost as big as his Uncle Parker (Parker's dad is Logan grampa). He has been the "perfect" puppy, had mastered doing his business outdoors at 12 weeks and chewing has been relegated to chew bones and his toys! Logan has graduated from puppy class and is now in intermediate training. I've included some updated pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0027.jpg
    DSCN0027.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0035.jpg
    DSCN0035.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 7

camr

Congratulations Bob and Christine. You have made a great choice of dog breed. We have Australian Shepherds, and Abby, a blue merle, and I do lots of herding time with Border Collies. One of the things that you will find with a herding breed is that the exercise that they need is more mental than physical. I always say that one hour of sheep herding is equal to ten hours at the off leash park. Garland is right on the money for planning to do search and rescue training. Make sure that after the second set of shots that you start a beginners obedience class. After that, you can continue with obedience, or start a beginners agility class. Agility is run at a much faster pace than obedience, and borders absolutely love it. You can check with some of the local dog clubs to see if anyone in a herding club in your area has sheep for dogs to herd.
I am told that the number one dog that is voluntarily surrendered to the ASPCA is the border collie, simply because so many people think they can be a sedentary house dog. They must work, and by work I mean obedience, agility or herding, or in the case of a very lucky dog, all three.
I wish you all the best with your new family member, and please remember, it isn't just a dog, it IS a family member.
Cam