Fiberglass Panel Behind Pin Box

Gary521

I have seen several posts on this forum with folks having issues with the sagging panel behind the pin box. On one of my follow up posts, I stated that I screwed the panel to the frame above the panel. Yesterday, I went to a RV show in Denver. While at the show, I noticed that a couple of other 5th wheel manufacturers had done the same thing to the panel behind the pin box. It was screwed to the frame. So if anybody wants to fix this problem, this appears to be the way to do it and not just my goofy idea.

caissiel

Thanks well done.
I was at the show in tampa yesterday and I never saw anyone other then me looking at the construction of different RV's.
Everyone walks in and out and on to the next one. I was all over and saw many bright Ideas.
Like I noticed that the landing legs on the newer Heartlands are no more in the storage area up front. It makes it a little harder to work on but I feel it will be much more practical for sealed storage and more stable because of the wider footing like the hydraulic landing setup.

RSIG

My friend from back home stopped by for a couple of days on his way to his winter location. He has a new Cameo by Carriage and I notice they have a molding running across the bottom near the hitch that is screwed to the frame and there is no wrinkles or dropping down of the panel. An easy fix that should be done at the factory.

Ed

We have an 09 3670RL and it is sagging also, thing is that I carried it back to dealer while it was still covered, and all they did was put another door latch up on that side; pushed the area that had opened up on the side back up and caulked it again. It lasted from Houston to Tulsa. It is now sagging again and the side has opned up also; I think the fender washers and screws are going to be the fix for this along with a yearly caulking. Any one know the best way to remove the caulk. Rex