Convection oven

Bob Vaughn

We saw the 3250ts at the Tampa RV Super show today and it had a Microwave oven I just wonder if it is possible to swap it out for a convection oven...I see it is an option but the microwave is already installed....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The microwaves are installed at the time of build at the factory. If you are looking at one the dealer has in stock, you will have to negotiate with the dealer on a convection.

Peace
Dave

B

bwwalczak

Convection microwaves are the same size and mount as the standard microwave. Convection can be added for a charge.

Elder1

My wife wants to know why they (Convection Oven) are not installed as a matter of course? Our last 2 units both came with em and they didn't cost anywhere close to what we paid for this one.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 2010 Elk Ridge came with a convection oven/microwave. In fact, all Heartlands did until recently. They were made by Apollo. I can't say why they decided to stop installing them, but I do recall lots of posts on the forum about them (various issues and questions).

We also had one in our Heartland North Trail. It jumped off it's mount a few times during travel, and then got fried by an incorrectly-wired 30 amp plug...replaced on our dime... But we personally like having one over a gas oven.

TT

Bob Vaughn

Our 2010 Elk Ridge came with a convection oven/microwave. In fact, all Heartlands did until recently. They were made by Apollo. I can't say why they decided to stop installing them, but I do recall lots of posts on the forum about them (various issues and questions).

We also had one in our Heartland North Trail. It jumped off it's mount a few times during travel, and then got fried by an incorrectly-wired 30 amp plug...replaced on our dime... But we personally like having one over a gas oven.

TT
Our convection oven is supposed to arrive today via UPS....slower than snail mail......I wonder what brand it is? I wonder if it is High Point like the microwave is now???

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Vaughn

The oven arrived at the dealer and they are going to come install it after I get off work today....Whoo Pee......I hope the "Guy" can fix my tv mount in the living room, and the vacuum, and the tv cable connection in the basement while he is here....OR at least show me how to do it....We are getting excited about taking it on a shake down.....

Bob Vaughn

He came it is a good thing I was here to help him take the microwave out and put the convection in as it weighed a ton....got the tv in the basement working but no luck with the vacuum...opened up the wall what a mess back there...also got the living room tv mount loosened it was so tight I could not push the tv back into the cabinet....Samson must work at the factory tightening bolts...

traveler44

Don't want to hijack the thread but I was thinking about doing the push button start mod for the conventional oven so I started asking some of the people in the big motorhomes if they have push button start. Found out that most don't have ranges with ovens-- just the convection, microwave. I guess they couldn't bake anything if they don't have house current. Just struck me as interesting. Tom M.

I have tried to use our convection oven to bake brownies and the top was done. But about 2/3 was still uncooked. I used a glass 8X8 pan, was that the problem?
Thanks for any help,

Bob Vaughn

We were told that you cook via microwave then brown via convection. I do not know if that is true or not but we will find out as we have not used ours yet....

jbeletti

We were told that you cook via microwave then brown via convection. I do not know if that is true or not but we will find out as we have not used ours yet....

Bob - while you "can" use it that way, a convection oven can be used by itself in a similar manner in which you might use your gas or electric oven at home. Convection has the addition of a fan that stirs the hot air around in the oven, allowing it to circulate around your food. This typically results in more even browning and faster cooking. Those who bake typically love convections ovens. When you get your unit, read through the manual on the convection/microwave then start experimenting with it. Before long, you'll really be embracing the technology.

I am building a new home and I am not putting in a conventional oven. I am putting in a convection oven and a convection / microwave oven. So I'll still have double ovens but one will get everyday use. This way I won't have what a lot of people do, and that's 3 ovens (microwave and a set of double ovens that rarely both get used).

Have fun!

Jim

ParkIt

Jim, also disappointed ours didn't come factory with convection/microwave but I'll be selling a new microwave for the to be installed combo unit. ;)

Don't want to hijack the thread but I was thinking about doing the push button start mod for the conventional oven so I started asking some of the people in the big motorhomes if they have push button start. Found out that most don't have ranges with ovens-- just the convection, microwave. I guess they couldn't bake anything if they don't have house current. Just struck me as interesting. Tom M.
Had both in my MH with a push button for separation, I could run the convection on the generator but it did take longer to bake anything. No way you could use the microwave, it was slower than a turtle off the generator, only use on shore power.

Bob Vaughn

We had an occasion to use our convection oven on our 6 week trip and took out the instructions only to find out they were only install instructions. No operating instructions, the dealer said he did not have instructions so now what do we do? It is a Frigidare.

Bob Vaughn

Only thing is when I put in our model number it could not find it on their website...so I checked the build date and it was 7/10 so what I had to do was find a model number close to ours then compare the control panel till I found one that was the same as ours then I printed that one.........I suspect that what I was shipped by heartland was a returned/refurbished unit as the box and the styrofoam was not fitted around the oven it was just broken into pieces and shoved into a smashed box. I do not believe it was a New In Box unit as it was not sealed either just taped shut.....I used the microwave to pop corn and it took forever...I have no idea what wattage it is.....Bob Vaughn, NMCB-62...