Low clearance POI data

Trooper-D

The data from poi-factory only has around 400 entries, while the one from lowclearances.com has over 3500.

Not the same data.

What directorie did you save it to before transfering the data to your GPS? I can't get it to work for me.

hoefler

After it expanded the files, it was listed under " route1-garmin zip ". I loaded anything 14' or under, there are over 169,000 entries!

After you expanded the zip file, and selected the 14' and under, what directory did you save it to before you could upload it to your gpx?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't use Pay Pal. Guess a check or credit card is out of the question.

Guess I will have to wait until it is available some where else.

FWIW
BC

hoefler

I used the POI loader the I down loaded from the Garmin website. It will let you look for it and select the heights you want to use. I checked for a low clearance train under pass near me and it was there.

Wharton

I don't like Paypal either but I have it set up to go against my credit card. I use it as last resort but am finding more and more vendors will only accept Paypal.

funntheson

I have a Magellan Roadmate. I guess they don't support Magellan with this software?

I'm ready to buy, and I love Paypal!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Check something for me. I went Pay Pal and updated my account so I could use it. When I went in to buy the file I noticed that it said in the order..
$9.97 USD for each year, Effective Date: Jan 18, 2011

I guess being a bit leary of wording, it says each year... This sounds like a perpetual payment each year to me. I can not approve this.

Also if you check just before it goes to PayPal it appears that you can use a credit card...

I sent an email to the company inquiring about the each year stipulation. Will let you know when I get a reply.

BC

Wharton

I saw that also. I decided it meant that if you wanted to continue to get updates you had to pay the 9.97/year. Once you have the data downloaded to your computer they can't take it back. I figure I will cancel it after the first year..............

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I signed up and bought. Now as a "member", I can veiw my payment history, and there is a place to click to cancel my membership.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is an update. I received a response from Nick Sundby

<O:p</O:p
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:09 PM
Subject: [#271710] Question about the low clearance data file.

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #271710 with the following response:
Hello Mr. Curry

That's OK. A PayPal subscription is set up when you purchase. However you can cancel this with PayPal if you wish and you will not be chrged again.

Note that updates are released regularly and you would get 12 months updates with the initial payment.

Regards

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

Nick Sundby
mail@lowclearances.com
LowClearances.com

BC<O:p</O:p