Winter camping must haves

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
For those of you who successfully winter camp, what products do you use: brands, where to buy, etc.?

Specifically, do you use a heated hose, or heat tape, or tank pad heaters, or ceramic heaters in the basement, etc.?

There seem to be lots of choices, so any advice is appreciated!

TT

2010augusta

I put heat tape and foam insulation on both the freshwater hose from the spigot to the trailer and on the water line from the fresh water tank to the heat area of the basement.

We have tank heaters, but never used them yet.

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Alan, why is that? You just have not needed them, not cold enough to turn them on or their not needed?
I put heat tape and foam insulation on both the freshwater hose from the spigot to the trailer and on the water line from the fresh water tank to the heat area of the basement.

We have tank heaters, but never used them yet.

2010augusta

Been down into the teens a few times and the only thing that have ever froze were the two lines mention above. Gray tanks are always open, except when dumping black, and we have not noticed any freeze up in the tanks.

argyll1st

We are heading up to whistler ski resort in BC Canada in April for some spring skiing, I hope that some ceramics in the basement may do the trick ?