Linen closet in Bathroom...

Bob Vaughn

My wife wonders why there is a door between the bathroom and the bedroom and one foot away there is a doorway into the hallway? Why not put a small linen closet in the space where that bedroom door is now? I think I could build one to go there....:confused:

bacaye

When we had the 2010 Big 3250 we ordered from the factory and had that door closed with just a wall. We thought we could do the same thing. We found out, and one of the reasons we went to the 2011 3450. that once the wall was in you had very little room to make the bed. The space was awful to try to make the bed or even get in the bed. I can tell you it was one of the biggest mistakes. With only the door going into the hall we had to walk out in the hall to get to the bedroom after showering, etc. Not really enough room to take everything in the bathroom you needed to get out of the bathroom if you had company pop in. We considered closing in the hallway door which would mean anyone wanting to use the bathroom would have to come through the bedroom to get into the bathroom. A big piece of advice...do not mess with the doors. I used the shelf over the stool to keep wash clothes and we made sure we each had a towel hanging in the bathroom by using the big stick on hooks. We bought one of the stand up holder for tissue paper and set it in front of the little space between the doors. Barb

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I totally agree with Barb. We got one of the towel racks that hang over a door and put rubber bumpers and silicone on the parts that would scratch the door if it rubbed. That keeps two bath sheets, two hand towels, and two wash cloths in place even while on the road. We also have the stand alone TP holder that holds up to 4 rolls. The shelf over the toilet holds shampoo bottles etc. that we don't want to leave in the shower while on the road. We also started using the disposable hand towels advertised by Kleenex for some things including some of the cleaning, so they go up there too. I keep a couple of the small plastic "crates" under the sink to keep cleaning supplies organized in one and toilet chemicals/calgon/dishwashing liquid (for the black tank) in the other. We don't use the actual chemicals very often, but the calgon/dish detergent is used all the time.

It takes a little time to get things fixed and figured out the way you want them, but it will all work out once you can start using the trailer. I know you are waiting for it to come in and the waiting is hard which leads to lots more questions and worries. Hang in there and we'll all help where we can. lol

Kristy

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
let me third this! Dont close off either door other wise you will quickly feel cramped-or at least we would.

This is the one down side to the 3250 floorplan-no room between bath and bed.

bacaye

I love having the two doors in the 2011 Big Country. I have to say cutting through the bathroom happens more than not..Honestly, in the 2010 we really liked the idea of having a solid wall because we thought..actually we did not really think at all, when we ordered the door next to the bed closed we made the right choice. We thought we would have room to do this and that along the closed wall and it proved we gained nothing but headaches.. I would have to really stress leaving the doors. I can tell you we do store towels, etc. in the tall closet that is part of the bedroom unit that holds the bedroom tv. etc. I have no additional storage in this bathroom but put the same hooks back to hold two towels, etc. the little cabinet over the stool gets extra toilet paper, little container under the sink for storage plus still have space for hair dryer and curling iron I still use the same standup holder for toilet paper that I used in the 2010 because I do not like the plastic items they give you for holders, etc. Basically, we decided they were not worth it to drill holes in the walls. My only headache I have in the 2011 I also had in the 2010. If you put a rug in or around the stool there is no room for one in front of the shower. If you put one in front of the shower you have no room for one around the stool.. I am still trying to work on this issue. I hope we have talked you out of closing a door. :) Maybe all 17 of us can find a time to get together in Goshen to discuss our camper issues. Any ideas???? I think 17 was the number of Big Countries that would be attending that rally? Did I imagine that or did some of you see that posted?