Ordered Cyclone 3010, What are the must haves??

rustyshakelford

I ordered a cyclone 3010 on Tuesday the 11th. We expect it to be completed around the end of february. So far the plan is to drive up during the first week of March to take delievery. We will be coming up from Magnolia TX (North of Houston) to Elkhart, IN (1152 miles). Strongly considering renting a u-haul and taking our rhino with us so we can stop off on the way home to play around and leave the u-haul there.

Questions...

What kind of equipment are we going to need? What does the dealer usually supply?

So far, I think we will need to get:

Wheel Chocks
Electric heater
Kitchen supplies

Thats about all we have come up with so far. This is our first trailer, so we are very green but should get it figured out quickly.

Thanks

Brett

porthole

Retired
Brett, there is a Menards and Wal-mart not far from the service center.
There are also 2 RV "outlets" in between the dealer and the factory, good for odds and ends.

Not exactly "items", but while you are there you should try and advance arrange a tour of the plant and take a half day to go over the the RV Museum, just north of the HL facility.

How long of a trip home are you planning?
Pillows, sheets and blankets

The sewer hose that the dealer will supply is ........ well I would suggest you buy at least 20 feet of a quality hose.
and one of these http://tweetys.com/flush-king-holding-tank-rinser.aspx
25' of cable TV cable.

The fresh water will be a short one. Still good to have but you may want to prepared to pick one up once you see what is supplied.

A quality air pressure gauge check them every morning before you start out.
bottled water
DVD to try out he DVD player
Small dish drain
Good flashlight

rustyshakelford

Brett, there is a Menards and Wal-mart not far from the service center.
There are also 2 RV "outlets" in between the dealer and the factory, good for odds and ends.

Not exactly "items", but while you are there you should try and advance arrange a tour of the plant and take a half day to go over the the RV Museum, just north of the HL facility.

How long of a trip home are you planning?
Pillows, sheets and blankets

The sewer hose that the dealer will supply is ........ well I would suggest you buy at least 20 feet of a quality hose.
and one of these http://tweetys.com/flush-king-holding-tank-rinser.aspx
25' of cable TV cable.

The fresh water will be a short one. Still good to have but you may want to prepared to pick one up once you see what is supplied.

A quality air pressure gauge check them every morning before you start out.
bottled water
DVD to try out he DVD player
Small dish drain
Good flashlight

So they only come with a comforter? We are planning on driving straight thru and arrive on a monday. Hopefully stay no longer than two days, then make our way south stopping in Arkansas for a couple days to see some family that have retired there.

I think we will have to check out some of those outlets and museum. Gary told me we would be able to tour the plant and were really looking forward to that.

We are also getting the double pane windows. I think we will be happy we did. Thanks for the recommendation.

So the new list is...

Wheel Chocks
Electric heater
Kitchen supplies
Bottled water
Movies
Good flashlights
Bedding
Coax cable

Whats is the small dish drain for?

Probably will get:

longer h20 hose
longer sewer hose

thanks for the reply and were open to any and all suggestions!

brett

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The "Starter Kit" that comes with most new RV's does not come with enough of anything.
Here are a few of the items you should need right away:
- 20 feet of sewer hose
- both ends of the sewer connector (to fit the RV and to fit the Site's hookup
- 50 amp to 30 amp adapter
- White drinking hose 25' (not a garden hose but white hose for drinking water)
- Water hose regulator
- Wheel chocks
- Some sort of blocks (either plastic or wood) to put under your jacks
- a 2x12 5 foot or plastic blocks to put under the tires to level from side to side
- a level (either stickon or carpenters type)
- soap (both hand and dish)
- toilet paper
- plastic tubs (containers) to store things in
- matches or long lighter to light the stove (oven)
- towels (both cloth and paper)
- eating utensils
- money for fuel
- money for stuff
- money for more stuff

Happy and safe traveling

porthole

Retired
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }st2\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
So they only come with a comforter?

They come with a decorative bed cover, I wouldn’t call it a comforter.
In our trailer we use a down comforter, good pillows and memory foam topper for the mattress.

I would suggest sleeping bags initially if you have them.

We are planning on driving straight thru and arrive on a monday. Hopefully stay no longer than two days, then make our way south stopping in Arkansas for a couple days to see some family that have retired there.

I think we will have to check out some of those outlets and museum. Gary told me we would be able to tour the plant and were really looking forward to that.

Plan on the 2 days, but be prepared to stay a few more if needed. Best to find and fix any issues before you leave. Use all the systems in trailer – including put the slides in and out more then once.

As long as we’re talking slides – visual check every time before putting them in and out for obstructions on the inside (like the cabinet doors under the TV) and outside (like trees – other RV’s)

So the new list is...

Whats is the small dish drain for?

Your kidding right? :rolleyes:

You ain’t been on the job that long to not have to do dishes anymore :eek:

porthole

Retired
Holding tank chems

50-30 amp adapter RV Capital service will supply (most likely anyway)
You will need in their parking lot while "camping" there.

For my go get the trailer trip I brought a 2' level with me.

When setting the front elevation set it under the front slide lip to check for level.

rustyshakelford

I know what you mean about the sink drain now...holds the dishes while drying! That went way over my head, I was thinking it was something for the drain, like the strainer. We just call it a drying rack down here!

Ill definately toss in the level and i guess cut up some boards to use temporarily until we can find a more permanent solution.

Thanks for the tip about the bedding, we wouldve been scrambling for a heavier blanket!

I guess ill plan on spending a small fortune at some of these supply stores to get all the little odds and ends.

where do yall store the sewer hose when not in use? plastic totes?

thanks

brett

Willym

You will need a 1/2" drive torque wrench and the appropriate socket to check your lug nuts, especially on the maiden voyage.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bring along a small tool box with the basic home repair items, like pliers, screwdrivers, adjustable wrenches, etc. A pair of channel-lok pliers is good to have, as well. Over time, you'll be adding more tools and supplies, so that you can fix almost anything (minor) that pops, loosens, or leaks, without having to run to a dealership.

Get yourself a box of disposable latex or nitrile gloves, too. You'll appreciate them while doing duty as the sanitation engineer.

porthole

Retired
where do yall store the sewer hose when not in use? plastic totes?

I picked up this storage tube while in Elkhart at RV Surplus. But, until you buy or make something on your own you could just use totes - with lids.

Did you get the Lippert "under chassis" storage bins? That is where I store my sewer stuff.

Hose_tube_00_small.jpg

This is 4" PVC with caps. I used 4.5" stainless steel clamps (exhaust pipe style) to bolt it directly to the frame.
Mine holds a flag pole but just as easily cold hold the sewer hose.

D30_7481.JPG

rustyshakelford

i didnt get the lippert underbody storage. I dont think it was an option. I'll ask about it monday. I will probably go with the 4" pvc like you did. We will definately be taking lots of pics and hopefully the weather will be decent. Indiana at the end of february/first of may might be a roll of the dice.

thanks for the suggestion on tools. I will need to do a final inventory before we hit the road. should have most of that in my truck but will make sure.

Does anyone have the aux fuel tank? I asked if it had a seperate fuel gauge and was told it did, but just wanted to get some first hand insight.

were getting excited. Should we just plan on buying all the stuff we need up there or stopping on the way at a camping store?

brett

jnbhobe

( Does anyone have the aux fuel tank? I asked if it had a seperate fuel gauge and was told it did, but just wanted to get some first hand insight. )

A lot of us have extra tanks, there are a bunch of diffetent ways to go. I use a 40 gal I pump into the main tank, it works good for me and I wouldn't be without it.

rustyshakelford

( Does anyone have the aux fuel tank? I asked if it had a seperate fuel gauge and was told it did, but just wanted to get some first hand insight. )

A lot of us have extra tanks, there are a bunch of diffetent ways to go. I use a 40 gal I pump into the main tank, it works good for me and I wouldn't be without it.

The aux tank is factory installed. It comes with a 30 gallon for the generator. They offer an additional 18 gallon tank for use with the generator or the fuel pump for the fuel station. Just wondering if there is an additional gauge with the main gauge.

Brett

rustyshakelford

Opps my mistake I thought you were talking about truck fuel tanks, sorry

No problem! I have a 50 galling fuel tank tool box combo and it is one of my favorite things I've done to the truck! I love only having to get fuel once a month in town or every 600 miles towing! I don't know why chevy thought it would be a good idea to put 26 gallon tanks of 3/4 ton trucks!

Brett

Vtxkid

Brett, we have the 3010 and like you mentioned, it comes with the 30 gallon OEM tank that serves as the source of fuel for both our generator and fuel station...

rustyshakelford

Brett, we have the 3010 and like you mentioned, it comes with the 30 gallon OEM tank that serves as the source of fuel for both our generator and fuel station...

I ordered mine with a new aux 18 gallon tank in addition to the 30 gallon one. just trying to see if there is a fuel gauge for it like the primary tank has. figured i could never have to much gasoline for an extended trip

brett