New 3500 Dodge Cummins

nemo45

Now that we have the ball rolling towards getting a new Big Horn 3400RL, we ordered a new 3500 Dodge Cummins 4X2, single rear wheel, yesterday. Two-tone, Patriot Blue and silver. It should be here in 7 or 8 weeks. I drove a 4X4 with a Cummins yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the accelleration. Doesn't compare to the Hemi unloaded, but I'm sure it will be better than the Hemi with the fifth wheel in tow. Didn't get the dually's because of the extra width, I want to keep both of my vehicles in my garage. Wondering what you guys that have them think about the difference in handling.

jbeletti

Hi Don,

Congrats on the RAM! I just picked mine up yesterday. One sweet truck. I also got 2WD. Here's a link to my RAM page.

In terms of DRW vs SRW, I have yet to tow a 5th wheel trailer so I cannot compare. But all my research told me that DRW provides a more stable platform and allows for a higher pin weight.

Like you, I too wanted to fit the truck in my garage. Unfortunately, the garage of my townhome (being built) will not fit the length of a quad cab/long bed.

So since I had to park it outside, the decision to go with DRW was made easier. My Landmark may end up with a higher pin weight too - once the W/D goes in, plus junk in that massive basement.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Don, congratulations on your new truck. Now get that Big Horn and you should be set for a long time. These Heartland products are nothing but the best. I just brought my Landmark, Mt Rushmore home today. I have the dually and after getting home I have made up my mind that I will probably never have anything else but a dually. Just love the added stability, especially cornering and virtually no sway.

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, sorry to slight you on the congratulations on your new truck. I read over the posts too fast. Congratulations also. As you probably have read, I brought my Mt Rushmore home today. All I can say is WOW. It pulls like it is not even back there. The Trail Air pin box with the Mor Ride suspension is just great. You will love pulling with that dually. I got a lot of looks going down the highway, I do not know if it was because of the combined length of truck and trailer (just shy of 60') or if it was that it is only about 20 degrees out and it snowed again last night or if it was the Landmark I was pulling. My guess is it is the Heartland Landmark Just a beautiful rig, well put together, great shape, good paint scheme and and and. I guess you get the picture. Sure hope you get yours soon because I can tell you that there will be no disappointment.

bcfast

bcfast
Congrats, nemo! Now, don't worry about a thing in that Cummins truck...here's a couple pieces of diesel truck advice: 1. There is no "break-in with your new Cummins other than loading it to the max and hitting the steepest hill you can find ...over and over and over!! This is the "proper way to bed-in the B series Cummins. 2. Get yourself a new TST box for that bad boy!! Oh, and some guages so things stay in line! Performance, you ask? Lets just say that a new Mustang GT wont even be worth racing...and your fuel mileage will go up considerably. You gotta love it! Congrats on the Bighorn...my local dealer is getting in 3 next week and 2 are already sold!

Attachments

• Toolbox1 (1280x850).jpg
    Toolbox1 (1280x850).jpg
    677 KB · Views: 4
  • Toolbox2 (1280x850).jpg
    Toolbox2 (1280x850).jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Toolbox4 (1280x850).jpg
    Toolbox4 (1280x850).jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 11