3585/3670RL Owners Question

sprehoda

I am looking at the 3585/3670RL because of the desk.

My wife is concerned about the TV being higher than the desk.

Do any of you owners regret the TV being as high as it is?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only drawback to the TV over the desk is if you're sitting in the recliner closest to it. The OEM TV mount arm does not have a tilt feature, so the picture gets darkened out (problem with LCD TV's at an angle). Since we've been forced to get a new TV and arm, I'll be getting one with the tilt feature.

I like having the whole desk area open. So does Max.

View attachment 11626

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am looking at the 3585/3670RL because of the desk.

My wife is concerned about the TV being higher than the desk.

Do any of you owners regret the TV being as high as it is?

Try to find a picture of the "new" 2011. We ordered a 3670 which we are due to receive next week. That was a concern of mine, as well. In the new model I believe the TV has been lowered and is on the same level as the desk. Good luck.

I found a picture. Hope this helps. The down side, you give up some counter space, but I like the TV location, Trace

Attachments

• Bighorn 3670 new TV position.jpg
    Bighorn 3670 new TV position.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 80

caissiel

Our 3500RL BC has the TV over the desk also. I usualy work a lot at the desk so it does not disturb TV viewing. When we park for extended stay we move the chairs to the side facing the TV and then we have straight line to the TV most of the time. Right now the desk is loaded with a desktop PC, open top section and a 11x 17 extended size printer that I use for my business. We love all the room on the desk and need it all. The TV on the uper cabinet area works very well for us. I looked at the sitting comfort for our setup and a 32in LCD TV is Ideal.

Corrections
Our unit is the 2009 model and we have a desk full width of the desk slide, much better layout for us.
As per the photo, it would not be our choice for sure.

Last edited:

JohnDar

To each his own, but I would have a problem with that new 3670 desk. The shelf underneath would require me to sit further away than comfortable while using the computer. And I'm not a big person. Looks kind of inconvenient for a printer location, too. And if the other half wants to watch TV, it's in your face.

boatdoc

The wife and I would have a problem with a couple areas of the new 3670. The tv/desk area is way to confined to our likeing and the bathroom would be another disaster for us. Only our opinion, but we think Heartland messed up on the new models with these two changes.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
From what I can see in the photo, I'm glad we have the old arrangement for the same reasons boatdoc stated.

TandT

The wife and I would have a problem with a couple areas of the new 3670. The tv/desk area is way to confined to our likeing and the bathroom would be another disaster for us. Only our opinion, but we think Heartland messed up on the new models with these two changes.

Like someone said above, to each their own. My Sandpiper had a TV up high and the picture angle would cause the screen to darken when you sat down,even at full tilt. As for the desk, we use lap tops, not a problem.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My last rig had the TV high. The current rig has the TV low. I prefer it to be low.
I never really used the desk for the laptop. I use it on the dining table or......my lap.

Peace
Dave

ATLJOHN

We like the TV high we can rotate it to watch from the dinner table. My wife uses the desk for her sewing table when we travel. So for us the new change would not work. Happy we got our last year before the change.

Niles

WOW, what a change for the desk. Guess I'll wait till I see one first hand to like or dislike, with that though we like our setup in the 3670, we also move our chairs and couch when we stay extended periods of time, makes it roomier(is that a word). It makes for better TV watching. We also need the room on top of the desk for a printer and all the trimmings of a old tower computer. I would like to see Heartland make the back big enough so the sides could come in with the couch in the back.

JohnDar

I also use a "laptop," but there's no way it can be used like that. This furball has a standing reservation where ever I sit. I even made a small footstool/pad for under the trailer desk so my legs would be high enough for her to sit there while I'm on the computer. Spoiled kitty, she is.

View attachment 11640

caissiel

Our 32" TV broke down and I installed the 26" Jensen TV that came with the unit in its place. When I was sitting at the desk I could no longer see the TV it was very dark. But our 32" is repaired and I can watch TV very comfortably while sitting at the desk.
When buying a TV make sure that you can see the TV sideways or up and down. The Jensen TV is just good enough to stay in the Bedroom where it works ok.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
To each his own, but we really like our our 2011 built before the changes. The 32in Sharp tv does a good job of being visible from the sofa and the recliner closest to the sofa which is where I and the wife sit so it's not a problem for us; and we definately wouldn't want to give up the nice office desk area. It houses one of our laptops with full size printer/scanner/copier and gives us plenty of room to work. We spend a lot of time at the computer and the office area was one of the reasons we chose the 3670. We've seen some of the pics and florplan for the new 3670 and don't like the office area or new bathroom; glad we have the older floor plan.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Our 3670 has the higher TV over the desk. We like the arrangement. We saw the new desk arrangement at the Tampa supershow and did not care for the new layout; the desk area was too small.

TandT

Since apparently I'm going to have the design in question, I'll report back with what it's actually like to live in it. :)

Last edited: