Hide a bed sofa

jimtoo

I was told that my 08 would have one, but when it came in it was not there. Rep called and gave me the excuse that it would not be avaliable untill March. I have not heard anything as to if or when I will be getting it. I really want one and think I should have it, especially since I was told it was standard for the 08's.

madigand

So, Jim, I see you bought a newer model.Congrats.

I am really eyeballing the 3670 with dual pane windows and side by sde refrigerator option along with 2nd Ac with Heat Pump. . Did you get slide toppers on yours? I assume you ordered from Sequim? Looking to get around March

tdharley

Chase em Jim, I think it's worth it.

Also when are you going to do something with that plain lookin truck.....LOL

5erWonk

I was told they are going into anything built after Feb 1.....Mine's coming off the line on Feb 15 so we'll see. I knew about the air matress but not the storage....Wow just what DW needs, more storage!!

jbeletti

Wow - that sofa bed is cool - I want one! Maybe an '08 (or an '09) will be in my future. Thanks for the link TDH.

Jim

ct0218

My sofa sleeper is uncomfortable as a sofa or bed, and the chairs are to bulky. Sounds like shopping trip is in the works!

tdharley

I know for a fact that those air mattresses in the pull out couches are quite comfortable. My parents have one down in FL.

I have slept on that one a few times with no problems.

jimtoo

Hey Madigand, yes we got the new one through Explore USA in Seguin. We did get the dual pane windows, but no slide toppers or heatpumps. They do not offer the heat pumps on the Bighorn model and said they will not put them on. I think for cost reasons, but I would have paid extra for them gladly. The 3670 model is really a nice unit, we almost got one, but decided to stay with the same floor plan we had. I think the quality control at the plant is a lot better now. A world of difference from the 06 model to the 08.

Now, Mr. tdharley!:D , I thought in the contract that you agreed to for using the picture of my unit to do the disign work for your unit, you were going to get my truck pimped out also!:D You do remember the contract don't you? :confused: I'm sure I had my secretary send it to you. :eek: Oh,,, wait a minute,,, I don't have a secretary...:eek: ,, Must be a senior moment again. Oh well,, I think I'm a senior,,,are you sure you didn't get a contract???

Jim??something.

tdharley

Oh yeah I remember the contract

In it you promise to take a couple of my grand kids until their 21 & college educated.

My sign company will be showing up at your door this weekend.

Kids to follow.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We were at a local dealers open house yesterday and looked at a K-Z Escalade that had the Flair Sofa sleeper in it. We didn't open it but we did sit on it. It has about the same level of comfort as the 07 Bighorn OEM sofa. Sorry to say for us, it's not that comfotable to sit on. However, our Golden, Suzi, Really likes it

Scott

I would say that you should be able to order one through your dealer's Parts Department. You would probably want to send us a digital photo of your current sofa fabric just to be 100% sure that we get it right? Let me know.
ST

tdharley

My dealer is in Penn. ( about 4 hours away) and I am on Long Island, NY. I loved the rig enough to take a chance on not needing the dealer as you do not have any here.

I have been doing my own repairs which so far have been normal small things & Jim F. has helped with everything else.

jbeletti

J-W&E,

Same as I've been thinking. Flair donated to the door prize in some way last year and were at the rally to do some furniture adjustment for someone. We'll shoot this over to Larry to see if Flair wants to present or at least provide a demo for the rally building.

Jim

Uncle Rog

Jimtoo, stay on 'em my friends, the redneck-life, had one in their 08 3670 and it was built in January, somebody is pulling your pinata.....