TV holder in bedroom?

herefishy

We didn't order a tv for the bedroom, as we have a couple from the other trailer, but now are wondering if we should get one just to get the holder. Did anybody not order the bedroom tv and still get the holder?

caissiel

I have the BC unit and it looks like there is enough support to install a swing arm on the wall. I would just get a locally bought LCD TV and get the mounting arm for the TV.

I just placed the supplied 26" TV on the shelf with a modified base I build myself. We are using the 32" we had in the previous trailer in the livingroom. Again with support modification.

Vtxkid

Ours didn't have a TV set up in the bedroom either so I installed a flat screen with a flat angled bracket myself. You can ask Heartland where the reinforced area of the wall is on your particular RV unit to ensure you attach you bracket right the first time.

fljlcw

We put A 19" LCD in the BR and ran A single screw through the base of tv to the cabinet it travels well and is tilted down toward bed for better viewing Fred

Jim-n-Leslie

Leslie and I put a TV in the space where one fits. We purchased a bracket through www.chesapeakervsolutions.com online store that worked great. Other camping sites likely provide brackets that can angle out or down, depending upon where you can moutn it and how you want the TV to move. Make sure whatever bracket you get also has a tie-down capability and you add cinching up the TV before travel on your checklist. I hate extending my slide-outs, only to find the TV extending into the room - definately can't be good on the bracket, let alone the TV. :-O
Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks, guess I better start shopping for a bracket.
I would consider mounting an articulating arm to the side wall of the TV cabinet. You may even be able to extend the mounting screws through the side wall and into the oak stile of the adjacent cabinet. In my humble opinion, the back wall, which is the outside wall of the trailer, isn't strong enough to fully support a TV. It may work for a while but I think long term is questionable. As mentioned earlier, come up with a method of strapping it in for travel.

jpajax

PICT0973.jpgPICT0974.jpgDidn't want to put holes in the wall made a base and fasten it to the shelf to set the tv on.

herefishy

Thanks for the ideas, our tv sits on top of the chest of drawers, so will just figure a way to fasten it down to the chest.