Jensen TV Replacement

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since our original Jensen 26" was appropriated by scum bags unknown, we're getting antsy to replace it, along with the Sylvania 19" from the bedroom. Looking online, the Jensen's (according to them) are the only ones made specifically for RV's, with metal framing for mounting, etc. We weren't unhappy with the TV, just the no-tilt mount arm. BUT, I see where others have replaced their TV's, or the OEM brand was different. Is the structural difference between the Jensen and other brands really a consideration? I'm thinking of doing a package deal and getting both from Jensen.

The 26" models are the only ones that will fit in the space. All of the 32" I've looked at would have to sit outside the cabinet space. They've got a tilting wall arm (MAF40) for under $35, but I'm not sure how robust it is. I've looked online at the Omnimounts, like the ULPC-S, but they're pricey.

The only "thing" about the Jensen is that no stores carry them, you have to order them online from JensenRVDirect. Since this is an insurance replacement, there's no need to go cheaper (the current Jensen 26" model is $600) from the local big box stores to save money or try to make some cash out of the claim.

I'm just sort of thinking out loud here, but welcome any input/suggestions, or tales of horror concerning Jensen's before I commit plastic to the ether.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
John, I had a store bought 27" Toshiba in my last fiver. Never had any trouble with it from vibration, etc.,
I think you can get a 40" Vizio at Walmart for around $500. I see a lot of trailers with home style TV's in them. Never heard of any complaints.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, I had a store bought 27" Toshiba in my last fiver. Never had any trouble with it from vibration, etc.,
I think you can get a 40" Vizio at Walmart for around $500. I see a lot of trailers with home style TV's in them. Never heard of any complaints.

Thanks, but a 40" won't fit. If it would, I'd be looking PLASMA!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think the 32" version is available from Costco for around $350. Actually LCD's burn alot less juice than plasmas. My 46" home LCD is around 200 watts. My brothers plasma of the same size is 700!

branson4020

Icantre Member
I think the 32" version is available from Costco for around $350. Actually LCD's burn alot less juice than plasmas. My 46" home LCD is around 200 watts. My brothers plasma of the same size is 700!

And the newer LED screens are even more efficient.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
If your looking to save some cash, check Craigs list or EBay also. I know it's to big but I'm gonna put a 47" Visio on for 500.

caissiel

Never ever put a plasma TV in a trailer. They have to be perfectly packed and standing upright to transport.
I don't know about LED but it looks like a better unit for RVing if one is on the high end requirement.
We are using a 32" LCD ILO (Cheap Walmart TV) and very pleased with the performance. It fits in front of the cabinet between the doors and flush with the bottom of the top shelve section. I am using the existing RBW swing arem with the plate from the Jensen modified. I was able to put a foamed covered bar at the back that I park on the shelf and strap it in like the Jensen was. The TV has been in an RV for the past 5 seasons and about 30K miles and no damaged from travel. We got a spike last year and blew the power board and repaired it for $70. Now I do have power protection.

reverts

We just replaced our 26 inch Jensen with a 32 inch Samsung from Costo, we used the same mounting brackets DH just did some mods on it. Tv fits in space with maybe a 1/2 inch over the wood on the sides but we can still strap it down and it is solid. Costo also has a 27 inch Samsung.