Living Room Ceiling Vent

charris57

Is there by any chance a 12 volt source near the living area ceiling vent. I have installed a reversable Sure Flo exhaust /cooling fan in that hole and all that is there is the wiring for a second air conditioner. Or do you know where these wire go and maybe I can tie them into a 12 volt source...I have a 2007 Sundance 2900mk...The wires that are there are a red,blue,green,yellow, I think these are the leads for a second air conditioner and have no voltage on them. And there is a small 2 wire control line for a thermostat. If these other wire lead somewhere could you please tell me, I will not need a 2nd air unit, but might be able to trace these out and use them for a 12 volt sorce ... Thank You

Last edited:

RickNB

charris57 while doing some work on my 2800RLS for the Ac I found extra wiring in the walls by the thermostat I had presumed that these were for a powered fan. Might be worth a look and check yours out just take the thermostat or the light switches off and you should be able to see them .
Have Fun
Rick

charris57

Thanks

Rick Thank You very much for the response. We were at th RV Super Show in Tampa last weekend and the new 2008 Sundance models come with a ceiling fan in that vent hole. I thought about doing exactly what you have suggested and ran out of time this weekend. But the first chance I get this week I will be checking the thermostat area,or the switch that turns on the lights in the entertainment area. I cannot believe that Hartland does not preinstall a 12 volt source for that vent in case someone wants a powered exhaust/cooling fan in that area. And wouldn't believe that a dealer would tap off a light in the ceiling therefore leaving you no option but to leave the living room light switch on all the time, and operate ever light independently. Thanks again. I am also going to see what the factory response is.... Otherwise I was going to attempt to fish the ceiling to the coat closet and use the security camera switch for my fan...Good Luck... Keep Safe....Steve

Scott

Charris57,
That location would be where the optional fantastic vent was located.
There should be 110v wire for power and 12V wire for the thermostat.
The 12v wire should be multicolor ribbon type with four or five wires molded
together. It goes from the roof vent to the same general location in the
wall as the standard thermostat.
That's what I found out for you.

ST

Scott

FYI,
I just confirmed that we do normally run both the 12V and 110V to those vents, whether they get the option or not. Since it was not hooked up, yours possibly could have moved during transit, to the point where it would be hard to reach.
ST

charris57

Fan

Scott and Rick. Thanks again for your assistance. We pulled the thermostat off the wall and the entertainment area light switch and found the wires. We hooked up to the hot side of that switch and the fan works perfectly. Scott I am going to look around again to see if we can find the correct 12v source. Just for the curiosity, but for now the fan is working great... Thanks Again....Steve

RickNB

charris57
Glad you found at least the feed to the ceiling fan.
Just another afterthought if you cant find the 12V supply through the thermostat hole you might take the covers off inside the entertainment center for the tv coaxial wires that will let you look at a lower point if your set up is the same as mine they are on the same wall just different sides. I know i found some spare wire in there when I was trying to get a direct feed to my bedroom tv for the satallite feed.