Can heat strips be ordered for a Big Country

Bob Vaughn

Can heat strips be installed in the 15000 btu a/c in the 3250
I should have said it has the ducted system

Last edited:
B

bwwalczak

Re: ATF: Big Country -

Yes, we can add an air conditioner with heat strips. There is a price difference on this, so make sure the dealer knows and requests this on the build order.

hoefler

If it is not the heat pump version, yes. You can add it your self if you are handy with common tools. Depending on the model, you may have to change the control module. In mine, I had to get the control module to use the element. I found this out after trying to install the element and had no place to plug it in. I have bought several things from these folks, very helpful and priced right, http://www.adventurerv.net/index.php?osCsid=5i1t958798umhavu5656vo94u2.

Bob Vaughn

If it is not the heat pump version, yes. You can add it your self if you are handy with common tools. Depending on the model, you may have to change the control module. In mine, I had to get the control module to use the element. I found this out after trying to install the element and had no place to plug it in. I have bought several things from these folks, very helpful and priced right, http://www.adventurerv.net/index.php?osCsid=5i1t958798umhavu5656vo94u2.
The one I found on their web site said not for use with ducted systems???

grizzlygiant

We had heat strips on a previous RV and hated them---sounded like a helicopter hovering over our rig. We use portable space heaters which are inexpensive and put the heat wherever you want it,

hoefler

Call there tech line, they will be able to find out for sure.

Last edited:

hoefler

On ours, all you hear is the fan running, nothing else. You may of heard the heat pump, the compressor would be running when used. They can have a different noise in in heat mode.

Last edited: