dometic rm1350 refridgerator

yepuhuh

Ok, I Give up.
We just bought our new Big Horn 3595rl and I have not seen the ice maker make any ice yet.
So I took it in for a few minor things, one being the ice maker and after picking it up I was assured the ice maker worked. Well, says who? Also the dealer told me that the fridge was not covered under warranty after I had purchased it. He said the dealership had to eat the technichian's time on checking it out and all. Sorry I call BS on that.

Anyways, getting water to the solenoid, did not find a cut off valve yet. But did disconnect water to unit and took off water line at solenoid and then turned water back on to confirm it was coming out. and Sure enough it did.

What are my next steps if this dealer can not solve my issues?

We have not even camped in this unit yet, but I want to make sure everything works to our expectations before going down the road. It is plugged up on the side of the house water and electricity. Just wanted to make sure everything works for at least a month without issue.

I'm listening. You guys know your stuff about these units!

Jimmy

I'm sure you have, but make sure your "arm switch" is down, the dealers always leave them up which is off.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
yepuhuh, A couple of questions. Is the freezer getting cold enough to make ice? If yes to that one, is the water valve for the ice maker turned on? It is located somewhere in between the the plumbing behind the docking center and the rear of the refrigerator. This is something your dealer should have pointed out at delivery. I'm not familiar with the layout of your rig, but I'm betting the valve is closed and not allowing water into the ice maker.

ChopperBill

Agree with all the above. Ours was never plugged in and water valve was off. Never checked by dealer but I want surprised. If all is hooked up now you can make the ice maker cycle like it generally does when it makes ice. Take the cover off the left hand side. It just snaps off. Find the gear with a screw driver slot and turn the gears a few time making it cycle like it just made ice. You should see some results pretty fast if things are working like they should.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes to what the others have said. Also check your owners bag that came with your new rig. There should be a Dometic instruction manual that will outline how the ice maker works and a trouble shooting page.
I also agree that your dealer is giving you some bad information about warranty. The new Dometic refer does have warranty.
We have the RM1350 and the ice maker works great.....now. I found a kink in the plastic line that runs from the shutoff valve in the basement to the solenoid. Took care of that and now we have plenty of ice.
I also added an inline filter for the ice maker.

Peace
Dave

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, doesn't the fridge have a 3 year warrenty from Dometic?? Kinda like the stove and micro-wave and some other stuff??

Your dealer is giving you a load of horse poop. Didn't they check anything before they delivered it to you?? If they are stupid enough not bill Dometic for the repair....then they deserve it....OR... they didn't check to see if it worked before you got it. Maybe they didn't do anything to fix it either.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ooops, I guess I missed reading the part about the water getting to the solenoid. I remember there being an in line fuse for the solenoid wiring. That would be my next thing to check. As Bob mentioned, there is a 3 year warranty on the reefer and your dealer is absolutely wrong.

yepuhuh

Thanks for all your replies, I probably need to check a fuse, because water is getting to the solenoid, just not through it. The other thing is I'm thinking some trash may have go to the solenoid that keeps water from going up to the ice maker.

sdagro

AHHHHHH!!! Another lovely Dometic story. How heartwarming. My ice make has made a total of 15 cubes since we bought it in April. Almost don't care since we have a counter top ice maker that makes all we want. Have bigger issues with fridge. However I'm sure I paid for the ice-maker so it would be nice if it worked. Steve A. Dagro AKA(Dometic/Heartland's biggest nightmare)

lwmcguir

We have the same fridge and the ice maker works great from day one.Took a while to get the taste out of it but sure makes a lot of ice and stores more than two people would ever need. Added a filter as well to help with the plastic taste. Going to recheck the plastic line to make sure it is NSF, looks like a typical hardware poly tube.

ChopperBill

Ours worked 5 months non-stop in WY at 9000 feet. Made ice and kept at 32-34*. Here in AZ at 300 feet has been going great the last 30 days making ice and keeping the beer cold. The fan rarely comes on. Will say the fridge side has always been on the shady side. (knocking on wood!)