Need new black tank for a North Country 30FKS

maldam

I'm in Tucson, AZ. Where can I get a new black tank for a North Country 30FKS ? My Heartland dealer says Heartland don't have any, and he has to obtain one from the tank manufacturer. Will be 10 days in delivery !

Should I believe him ? Are there any other options ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your dealer might be right. I dont know if Heartland parts stocks tanks. You could call and find out yourself. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
If you ordered one from Heartland they may have to get it from the manufacturer and then ship it to you. It could add more time to delivery.
You might also ask Heartland who makes the tanks and call them yourself.
Good luck and let us know how it all plays out.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check out RV Surplus in Elkhart. They have a variety of tanks. Do a google search for RV Surplus. They will mail order.

maldam

Thanks for the replies. Rather than the new North Country trailer sit on the dealer's lot after we've paid for most of it, we've decided to have the trailer delivered without the tank. According to the dealer, they are ordering it from the manufacturer, and it should be delivered at our RV Park here in Tucson in 7 to 10 days. Unfortunately, it's the black tank, so I guess we'll have to cross our legs a few times and run out to the public restrooms, or .... suggestions ???

I still owe the dealer $5,000, which I told him I would give in the form of a check to the driver when the trailer was delivered. He told me he'd mail the Title after the check cleared. This puts me in a difficult situation. I'd like to hold back say $500 until the tank arrived, but then I guess he'd hold the sending of the Title ! What do you suggest ?

bobber

Depending on your problem with the tank you may want to check locally to see if anyone does plastic welding. The black tank on our SOB split and we had it welded for $35. We were quoted $500. for a new tank and $500. for installation so we did it ourselves. Not sure about Eternabond but might work depending on where the problem is.

irvin56

What happened to damage tank? if it still on dealer lot and you have not moved it, it's their problem to fix and pay. don't let them get away from their responsability. make sure all avenues are covered on your end.