Pocket Door Will Not Latch

The_Toads

I have problem with the bathroom door that is adjacent to the toilet. It does not go back into the rescess all the way and sticks out about 2". Thus the retaining strap does not work. We are being told by the factory that this is the way the door is suppose to be.

However when we purchased the trailer, the RV Center said that a piece of wood had dropped down behind the door! We have the rig in for some other warranty work and want the door do slide all the way back out of the way ( as in remove the obstruction) and the factory is saying that NO, it does not go all the way back and it is suppose to be protruding.

Is there any owner's out there that could take a look at there rigs and see if the door is actually flush with the casing or does it protrude out a couple of inches +_/-.

Since I have had absolutely no positive help from the Heartland Factory, my faith in what they have to say is nil, nada, niet. What they publish about quality and service is ..................... well let's just say that they have obviously not looked in Webster's for the correct us of those words and/or their meanings.

Thanks
Dean

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Elk / Eagle Ridge -

It sounds like there may be some mis communication between the factory and your dealer. If the dealer knows that there is a piece of wood behind the door then they should have corrected it before you took delivery.
I have my second Bighorn now and in both rigs the pocket door stuck out. But the retaining strap did work. Again you dealer should have made that right.
I have however taken it upon myself to reposition the sliding rollers on the top of the door to make the door open flush. I then added a snap to the retaining strap to make it hold the door tight when in the pocket. I also added a pull latch to get it open. See the attaced pic.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00480.JPG
    DSC00480.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 42

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

You can see in this photo that our door sticks out enough to be able to grab the recess for opening/closing it. Due to the way the two sliding doors are mounted, one strap may be longer than the other, or the snaps are not mounted in the proper positions on the wall. We have not had a problem, however.

View attachment 11665
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

My pocket door does not go all the way inside the recess. It sticks out about an 1" or so. This to keep the door from moving back and forth while traveling.

The_Toads

Thank you to all that have answered my little diatribe. I appreciate all of your responses and will take the issue up with the dealer, they may have already may have made the necessary changes.
Dean & Judy
The Toads

Crumgater

I would think the key statement is "the retaining strap does not work"... that would seem to be a major clue that something is not right...

B

bwwalczak

The door is held up with two plastic clips. Unhinge the clips and remove the door. Look into the opening and see if there is something obstructing the door.

The door should go flush with casing.

I don't know exactly who you have had discussions with here at the factory, but I can assure you that the ElkRidge division has a common sense approach to building and manufacturing product. (Common sense is not common anymore).

Feel free to call me directly if you would like any additional assistance:

bryanw@heartlandrvs.com
574-266-3779 direct line

I can assure you that the ElkRidge division cares about the product we build and we want to make sure that you are thrilled with your purchase.