Looking to purchase 2011 Road Warrior 30C or Cyclone 300C

6.7powerstroke

Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I went to the Denver RV show this weekend and looked for a new toy hauler. Narrowed it down to the Cyclone, Voltage and the Road Warrior. Wife said no dice on the Voltage because it was too over the top. However, the Heartland rep mentioned that they are launching the new Road Warrior 30C and Cyclone 300C which use the old Titanium nose. Both of these have the same floorplan as the Voltage 3200, which we love. So, I went to the Road Warrior dealer today to purchase one and found out that it has ZERO front storage. NOTHING!! One side has a tiny cargo door that opens to the hook-ups and the other has a door that opens to a compartment maybe 6 inches deep that has the central vacuum. What were they thinking?!?! Now, everything is on hold as we use this storage area for tons of stuff as I am sure all of you do. Any ideas? Is the Cyclone 300C the same? I have not been able to find any of those online yet as I think they went into production this week.

The other question I had was the difference between the 2 units. From what I can tell, outside of a few cosmetic things and the HD package on the Cyclone, there are none. Any thoughts on the storage issue? WHere do I keep my hoses, power cord, chocks, landing pads, grill, etc, etc. I don't want to have all of that stuff loose in the back. Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi 6.7 ps
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will be able to give you the information your looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
6.7 I've moved your questions into the Road Warrior Prospective owners are of the forum. Your questions should be seen by AJ Jones, You should see some sort of response from him. I can't imagine not having much storage but I haven't seen them up close & personal. Good Luck with your shopping & we hope you become a Heartland owner.

rustyshakelford

I asked my salesman about the cyclone 370c with the titanium front end. He told me there was practically no storage. So I guess that would play into what you had heard. Good luck with you search. I don't think you'll be able to find a better toyhauler than a heartland product

Brett

Mike Aplin

Thank you for joining the forum. We look forward to answering your questions and for you to join the family very soon. In regards to the front storage of the 30C or 300C you are correct, we do not have the room for our industry leading front storage on these two floor plans. Being a toy hauler we know that our customers will have a few different areas to store their items besides the front storage but the main features that we have to talk about with the new front end is the overall towing length, aerodynamics, and features and benefits and industry firsts that no other product on the market can match for your hard earned money. If the front storage is your main priority in a two axle light weight unit over the towing length and aerodynamics, we do offer the 305RW and the 3010 Cyclone. If we can help answer any of your questions or concerns, we would love the opportunity to discuss with you further. Please feel free to contact us here at the factory. Take care, Mike

6.7powerstroke

Mike, thanks for the response. I loved the products, but this seems like a major oversight from Heartland. We don't particularly care for the floorplans on the other two units that you mentioned. I am a bit surprised you guys don't have the storage as the Voltage has the exact same floorplan as the 30C and 300C and still has the front storage. It is a bit smaller than normal, but there still.

I noticed on the passenger side of the coach that there is a black carpeted panel that contains the central vacuum. Could I knock out this panel and use the space behind there as storage? I didn't get a chance to poke around behind the panel to see what was back there.

Vtxkid

I knew about the 30C and 300C threw this forum but this is the first time that I have heard about the front storage (or lack of) concern... I have the 3010 and couldn't do without the storage area. I use to have a 28' SOB with the side drop door for loading my motorcycle in the front area and on that RV, I had to load and unload the back of my truck every time we went camping. That got old fast. Now that were talking about a 5'er, its even worse because you aren't able to store all the stuff you would normally have in the front storage area in the back of the truck either...

6.7powerstroke

Well, couple of things have developed. I spoke to the local Heartland rep who was very helpful. Turns out Heartland knew they made a mistake with the storage so they are doing a change in the design already. All of these built after 2/1/11 will have the front storage area. It is small, only 18" wide, but still enough space to put your basic stuff. So, this was good news.

Now the bad news, looks like we won't be joining the Heartland owners group as an owner. Dealer and I are $500 apart and neither of us will budge. What happened with this front storage addition was an increase in price of the unit. I was not too keen about that and wanted Heartland to honor the price i was originally quoted, prior to the change. I was willing to eat $500 of it to get the extra storage, but no more. The dealer would only eat $500 and Heartland ate $500 which left the last $500 which nobody would take. I an not thrilled with the instant price increase that came out of nowhere, but willing to pay $500 for the storage. I think that the dealer and Heartland should absorb the last 1%, but they don't feel the same way. Looks like I am going to have to keep hanging out on the Keystone site with my current coach. We really liked the Road Warrior and are seriously bummed out that it didn't work out.

Vtxkid

Sounds like Heartland knew they were making a mistake going without front storage... Sorry to hear about the difference in $$$ that stands in the way of a new Heartland owner but hopefully something good will be worked out! Good luck!!!

Vtxkid

Awesome!!! Now when your new RV is delivered, you will need to take some pictures and put them on the forum so we can see your new pride and joy!!

Last edited:

Vtxkid

We have the Tidewater RV show going on this weekend here and I went yesterday afternoon. They had the NEW Road Warrior 30C there. I thought the new cap was awesome looking and it made for a nice bedroom setup inside. I also noticed that they had the side basement door closed where they had the other units basement doors opened for display. So, I opened it and found a wall with the vac unit cap starring me in the face! WOW, no wonder they didn't have the door opened. As mentioned above, no storage at all! Glad to hear they are adding an actual basement area. If I was in the market for a new toy hauler, as much as I liked the Bedroom, I wouldn't of bought it with this design...

6.7powerstroke

Yeah, how funny was that? I opened that side door and was like "Are you serious?" While the new one that hasn't gone into production only has an 18" basement, it is a heck of a lot better than nothing. I tol the rep the same thing, there was no way I was going to think about buying it with no basement. I will post some pics up when I get it, hopefully at the end of Feb.

Karstman

This is my second 5th wheel. Just purchased the 2012 Road Warrior 30C and couldn't be more pleased. The design is unique and you won't see that many on the road. The bedroom sold my girlfriend and the layout overall is very modern. The basement is plenty big on the starboard side but port side is small. I am adding an underchassis double sided slide out storage bin system behind the wheel well. Also had to add a sewer hose caddy which this unit does not have. There is a weird storage bay in the aft gray water access port but I wouldn't put my sewer hose in there. Stay tuned, Daytona 500 coming up.