We're getting a 3055

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We went this weekend to look at a dealer in Houston. The DW okayed the deal to buy a 3055, and we agreed to just take one that is in stock, not ordering one with some of the bells and whistles that we want in a final trailer.

jbeletti

Hey Jay,

Congrats on your decision. Hope you find just what you find on the lot. Consider making the trek to Goshen for the rally.

Jim

jpmorgan37

Hello Stella and Jay;

That's a big decision and I hope that you get exactly what you are looking for. I know that you will really enjoy your coach.

John

jayc

We looked at all the pros and cons and decided to buy this trailer for two-three years until we retire, then get the bigger truck and trailer.

I've decided to wait another year or so for Ford to get the bugs ironed out on the new diesel engine, then buy an F-450 which is way more truck than we'll need, but then it shouldn't wear out. I'll be pulling a Bighorn 3670 unless something changes between now and then.

jayc

We went to the RV show in Houston yesterday where I met Coley Brady. Nice guy!

I trieed to buy a 2008 model 3055, but the dealer there wouldn't budge on the price, so I guess I'll go with the '07 model that I found at another local dealer.

jbeletti

Hi jayc,

There's probably no one who knows Bighorn like Coley. You got real lucky to spend time with him. I was at the MN show with Tim Kauffman, Regional Sales Manager for Bighorn. Very knowledgeable. I learned a lot.

Hope you find the right deal for you. I have to say that the changes for the 2008 models are great. The drop frame makes that storage area huge. And I really like that new sofa bed.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

jayc

Thanks Jim, I hope to be able to make a deal soon on the 2007. The dealer at the show wouldn't budge from his price at te show, so I'm negotiating with two dealers on a 2007 model. I liked the new couch, the larger storage area, the tie down hooks in the storage area, and the new location of the hydraulic pumps for the slides. All0in-all a very nice trailer, but not $5,000 nicer.