Location of 2nd A/C

timbuktu

We are hashing out all the options we want for our 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD and will be ordering soon. I checked with the dealer who contacted Heartland and they said they could put the 2nd A/C in the garage vice the bedroom. We have a 37' fifth wheel now with dual A/C's and we rarely use the one in the bedroom bc it's pretty loud (unless we are in the desert during the summer). I'm thinking the garage would be a great place to put it since we will be using it as a guest room and it's where the hounds will be staying most of the time. Dual A/C's is a must...I look at it like 4 wheel drive on a truck...you may not use it often, but when you need it, you need it! Anyone else put the 2nd A/C back there? Just curious how it's worked out.

porthole

Retired
Are you getting the bunks in the garage? if the factory installs a 2nd AC in the garage do they use the vent location or move it forward?

My trailer is a bit smaller. The vent is over the center of the bunks. AC would be just about useless since most of the time my bunks are up against the ceiling, blocking the vent.
And on the 3950 the loft takes up about half of the garage ceiling area.
I'd ask a lot of questions so you are not disappointed. Questions are cheap.

But - maybe they have it worked out to be a desirable option, in that case your questions will confirm your want for this option.

You should post your question in the Cyclone Ask the factory section. And or contact Mike Alpin from Heartland. He is on this site quite frequently.

timbuktu

We are planning on getting the bed/couch in the rear. I'm not sure if they will move the vent locations, but I will certainly ask. Thanks!