Disk Brakes

bcfast

bcfast
I visited my local dealership last weekend and saw 3 Landmarks and 1 Bighorn. They also carry Teton, so it was nice to see them side-by-side...anyway, I was a bit disappointed to see drum brakes...even on the Landmark. I sure love some of the innovative features on the Heartland products like the central service center and Texas basement...but what about disk brakes? Want to set yourselves apart even farther from the competition in the price category? Offer them as standard across the board!

A

AbNormal

but what about disk brakes?
I agree. My next fifth wheel WILL have disc brakes, and I'm hoping to see them offered on the Landmark as well. We are currently in the "actively looking" phase.

Tom of Ypsi

AbNormal, Your may want to post this in the Ask The Factory forum. Scott may be able to tell you if there are any plans in the near future for disc brakes.

PS: Love your name, wife thinks this is me all over.

A

AbNormal

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the reply...

Forgive me, but now I have to ask a really dumb question: What is this particular category aimed at, if the factory will not be reading it?

Shouldn't the Design Ideas (sub) section be moved to "the Factory" forum, instead? I didn't realize I was limiting my audience by posting here.

Cheers...

J

Jeff

This Catagory!

This catagory is simply aimed at peoples ideas.

Scott Tuttle has access to the entire board and I'm sure he reads most of the posts on it, as well as other members of the Heartland Ownership.

If you have a specific request, you should post it on "Ask The Factory"

Everyone has ideas and thoughts about what they would like to see changed or improved upon and I know the Factory is open to "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and SUGGESTIONS"!

What limits the factory to including these ideas is simply the Cost and how much it will slow down the production of their already "High Quality" Units.

Hope this answers your question!

Jeff