Potential owner - gently used 2011 Edge M18

We have been looking at upgrading a 13" TT to something a little larger. We looked at a very gently used M18 today and are seriously considering purchasing it. I've been reading the forum and it sounds like there my be a few problems with the M18, but for the most part people seem to like them. If you have an M18, what words of wisdom do you have for a potential owner of one?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not an M18 owner, but there are a few problems with all RVs. Just do a thorough inspection of the systems on the M18 you're looking at to check for unresolved water leaks, appliance function, etc. Many, but granted not all, water leaks stem from lack of preventative maintenance (periodically checking connections and tightening as necessary). Same with other systems (e.g. changing anode rod in HW Heater, checking Furnace and Reefer vent areas for insect nests - dirt daubers are particularly problematic for some folks).

camr

We have spent the last summer with a 2011 M22 which is a similar model coming off the same production line. We have had not one single major issue with the unit. We pulled it away from the dealership and did not have to take it back until winterizing and storage. Check the condition of the tires and check the inflation pressure. If the tire pressures are exactly where they should be, it is a good indication of how much care the previous owner took. Also, if the unit is still under warranty, check to see how close the nearest Heartland dealer is. If it is several hundred miles away, you may choose to do any small warranty item work yourself. A good question to ask another owner is would he purchase the same unit again. My answer is - In a heart(land)beat!!!!!
Cam

Vern1

We just returned from a 2 month trip from BC Canada to California and Arizona in our M18. The trailer held up fine for the trip. The only trouble I had was with water leaks that were difficult to trace, but solved by re-caulking the roof seams. The trailer was very easy to pull, went over the mountain passes easily, was stable in cross winds, etc.

RonBB

I'm in my 3rd season with a 2010 M18. Had a couple of minor issues the dealer repaired under warranty when I first bought it (New) but I have been happy with it overall & would buy it again. My only comment would be that if the shower rod was a few inches outside the shower base it would make the shower larger & it would be much better. I towed my M18 with a 2006 Acura MDX and had no issues. I have not towed in the mountains only Mid Missouri where it is relatively flat. Best of luck with whatever decision you make. Ron

GOTTOYS

Keep in mind you cannot transfer the warranty from the previous owner so it will need to be priced accordingly...Don