Adding Vent Covers to Big Country 3250 TS

Bob Vaughn

I was at my dealer yesterday and the service manager tried to sell me a vent cover to go over the bedroom vent....He claimed that the AC shroud was taller than the upper vent cover would be....I find this hard to believe as the ac is in the center of the 5th wheel and further down the slope of the roof. Was he correct??:confused:

B

bwwalczak

Re: 3250ts Vent cover

Vent covers are a personal preference. This is up to you.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

The vents are nice to have and let you open the vent even when there is a driving rainstorm. We have the Max-Aire brand (one for the bathroom vent and the bigger version for the Fantastic Fan vent). I recommend them, but as Bryan stated, they are a personal preference item.

Bob Vaughn

Vent covers are a personal preference. This is up to you.
Bryan what I am trying to find out is are the covers for the bedroom and bathroom vent going to be higher than the airconditoner....the the ac will clear going into my rv port but I cannot find the measurements of the side view of the 3250ts so I can make a determination of whether to have them put on...I have used vent covers on all my rv's.....

Jimmy

I think your vent cover will be higher than the rest of your roof...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Ballpark guess would be about 6 or 7" taller than the top of the vent lid when it's closed. I've got them on all of my vents and my roof is basically flat. But the A/C shroud is considerably taller than even the MaxxAir cover on the Fantastic Fan. Maybe this photo will help.

View attachment 11676

Bob Vaughn

Thanks, the roof is flatter than I expected....I have not been able to see our unit from the side as it has always been parked between other units....

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

We have the vent covers like Gus (boatto5er)....the A/C is still higher than the vents I installed. BTW, just what was the dealer going to charge you to install the vent covers, if I may ask. A few simple tools and you could do them yourself in about an hour. Price the vent cover before you buy them at a dealer. Even Camping World was cheaper than our dealer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

And for the MaxxAir vent covers, other than the Fantastic Fan one, get the hinge mount kits for them. Makes it simple to open up from the roof to clean out the stuff that still gets past the screen. When I put mine on, they didn't have the hinges for the bigger vent covers. Very easy to mount them, though.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

We have a 3250 also with Max Air covers on all vents. I have never measured but looking at it on level ground the vent covers and the top of ac unit are about even.
For what its worth I am looking at it right now.

Bob Vaughn

I received the grey vent covers on Wed. the project for Saturday is to install them...

Bob Vaughn

I did not get to the vent covers yesterday so I got up on the roof and started to install them this morning....I guess I should have started before sun up because it got hot in a hurry.....I had to kneel on towels to keep my knees from burning...even the mounting brackets got to hot to handle....I will have to do the last one when the sun gets further to the west....climbing up there was not something I enjoy doing....