View Full Version : Heads Up on Virginia Fall Rally

01-20-2011, 07:41 PM
For those that didn't get my email yesterday (and if you are in Virginia or West Virginia, not on my mailing list, and would like to be added - please send me a PM with your name and email), we are planning on a Fall rally the weekend of Sept 23-25 somewhere in the Shenandoah Valley (this will be the second annual "Rally in the Valley"). We haven't nailed down the campground yet, but hope to have some more information soon (and it won't be at Harrisonburg again:rolleyes:). As soon as that is settled we'll post an "Event" in the Portal-Events section of the forum. Just wanted to give everyone that is already making long range plans a "heads-up" so you can mark you calendars and help with your planning.

01-21-2011, 04:18 AM
If we can fit this into our schedule can we eat at the Landmark Diner? Can we. can we, please, please? That place has the best breakfast buffet going. Definately worth the walk from my site to yours!

01-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Deb, we are already signed up for eight rallies and we don't even have our camper. Gus can you make that the Landmark Bed and Breakfast?

01-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Deb, we are already signed up for eight rallies and we don't even have our camper. Gus can you make that the Landmark Bed and Breakfast?

It wouldn't be the first time! Of course, everything comes with a price...:angel:

03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
We have heard that the morgan resorts place in endless caverns is decent. We are going to try to go up there this spring.

03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
We have been there (Endless Caverns). It is nice and is one of the spots we're looking at. Not sure we'll be able to have a fall rally, but we're still working on it. Stay tuned for more info. Send me your email info (I'm g_funderburg@yahoo.com) with full names and I'll keep you up to date with all our club going-ons.

Jim & Harriet
03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi Gus,
so are you thinking NO Virginia rally in the Fall of 2011? just need to do the vacation days math...

03-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Still planning on having one, just haven;t settled on a date yet. Looks like late Sept, early October will have be the general time frame. Have to work around other Heartland rallies scheduled.

06-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm afraid I have some bad news.

As many of you know, I was supposed to take the RV cross-country to San Diego this spring. But at Gus' request I elected to postpone that trip so I could make the Cherokee rally and Williamsburg Rally. The weather is better in the fall anyway plus there are more beer festivals along the way. Now when Gus asked if I could host one of my newly famous "Rally In The Valley" again this fall, I have spent weeks trying to rearrange that San Diego trip so I could have the rally in mid September. So far I had not been able to make the trip work either because of the vacation schedules of friends out west or fully booked up hot spots (you now how much trouble it is to get a reservation on the ocean front for a 42' 5th wheel?). Turns out that's also peak season for wine country. So I was just about to give up and say I could not do the Rally In The Valley this year because my San Diego trip just could not be shifted from September.

But now I have just learned that I have to postpone my San Diego trip until next year after all because I just learned that I have to be in Florida in mid-September (at least I get to go to Disney while I'm there!).

So I either have to cancel this year's Rally In The Valley, or I have to have it before Labor Day, or I have to have it in October, or you guys will just have to have it without me. Personally I think October would be great, but I'll leave it up to you guys. Actually I guess the decision is up to Gus, but I'm sure he'll back whatever the people want to do, right Gus?

06-13-2011, 10:22 AM
October sounds good to us. We'll be out of state from 6-12 Oct, but mid October would probably be nice somewhere in that area. Any thoughts from anyone else?

06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Just A heads up we have a rally scheduled in October on the 14th to the 16 on the books already. But the rest of the month is open as far as I can tell.


06-13-2011, 02:35 PM

According to the Portal page, NC's the 7-10th of October. Has it changed or is the portal list wrong?

06-13-2011, 06:26 PM

You are correct the NC rally is Oct 7-10, however the multi-Chapter GA rally is Oct 14-16. I think that this narrows your available dates a little.


Jim & Harriet
06-14-2011, 07:16 AM
just let us know the dates. with the October rallies scheduled I guess there is always room for one more.

06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I know I posted this once already ... what is happening to my posts? I also posted thank you messages for the Williamsburg Rally and the Cherokee Rally ... so where are some of my posts going???

Anyway, the Rally In The Valley is now on the books. The formal announcement is working its way through the software system now and should become visible soon. It's 9/30 through 10/2 and it's going to be great!