generator problems

rnewk52

Please Help. We are boondocking in Arizona. We were running the generator and watching a movie. All was good, we shut down the generator and everything is dark, no lights, no fridge, no water pump, nothing works on 12 volts, everything seems to work fine with the generator running. Everything was working properly up until tonight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

branson4020

Icantre Member
12V DC circuit breaker? I don't know the toy haulers, but other Heartland products have a manual reset DC circuit breaker between the battery and the 12V fuse panel.

hoefler

Check the main disconnect as mentioned before. Check the battery connections, and for voltage at the batteries. Chances are it is the disconnect or the battery connections.

Northern Virginia
I would start at your battery terminals and go from there. I suspect you either lost your charge or have a loose connection.

John

jnbhobe

One thing for sure its something fairly simple, a complete loss of 12V should be easy to find.

rnewk52

Greetings to all, Sorry for the delay in my response, and Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. The problem turned out to be a tripped circuit breaker between the battery and the house. I did not realize the breaker was manually resettable, and the factory had installed the breaker upside down so the reset button was not visible. After contacting Heartland Customer Service (GREAT PEOPLE) and locating the breaker all is good. I did disconnect the wires and remounted the breaker so the reset button is accessible if this happens again. My previous 5er had an inline spade fuse in the same location as this breaker and that is what I had been looking for. Thanks again for the help.