Storage containeres in basement

Bob Vaughn

In the brochures it shows a lot of storage containers going in the basement.....Does any body know what size they are? At Wal Mart they have a zillion and they all look alike after a while....I would like to get the same size so that many will fit in my basement of the 3250ts:cool:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In the brochures it shows a lot of storage containers going in the basement.....Does any body know what size they are? At Wal Mart they have a zillion and they all look alike after a while....I would like to get the same size so that many will fit in my basement of the 3250ts:cool:
I think it may be easier to measure how much room you have in the basement and take your tape measurer to Walmart and buy what fits the space you have available.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think it may be easier to measure how much room you have in the basement and take your tape measurer to Walmart and buy what fits the space you have available.

Lay them all out in the middle of the isle. Then measure to what your storage dimensions are. You can't go wrong then. Leave some room for chairs and other things also.

convert

Reginald Hromek

Watch the totes you buy. I bought several for my 2011 BIG HORN and didn't notice that they have tapered sides which takes a lot of room from the storage area. They do make totes with straight sides.and they will save inches between each one. Inches are importand in a confinrd space, also I made the mistake of buying too many have to consolidate and eliminate some.

GETnBYE

Can't go measure anything because our 3250 is covered. But, here are a few of the totes we use. We also have a small fridge and several chairs and a firepit under there. I don't think you will have a lack of space unless you carry a large amount of totes.
Keep our WeberQ Grill in this:http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 specs below should give measurements.

Use 3 of these for clean water hose, dirty sewer stuff, and one for lights and tools.:http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-10-Gallon-Tote-Box-Set-of-9/10401036#Specifications , notice the price is for a set of 8. They are usually around 5 bucks each.

We love the one with the yellow lid, because we can pack chairs on top of it, plan to switch out the gray ones later on.
Hope this helps.
Nita

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We also bought ours at Wallyworld. We however bought the totes that are about half the height with the locking lids. That way you can only stuff about 1/2 the stuff in them. It keeps down the weight and are easier to move around. They are clear plastic...so you can see whats in them.

funntheson

We also bought ours at Wallyworld. We however bought the totes that are about half the height with the locking lids. That way you can only stuff about 1/2 the stuff in them. It keeps down the weight and are easier to move around. They are clear plastic...so you can see whats in them.

What is / where is Wallyworld. It always makes me think of Chevy Chase in "Vacation", where Wally World was actually Magic Mountain.

caissiel

We are using the Rough neck containers by Rubbermaid.
Sizes are (A) 24 x 16 x 16.5 and (B) 24 x 16 x 8.75

The (A) unit at the bottom and 2 (B) models stacked will fit perfectly in the basement.
Also 2 (A) units will fit but usualy its much easier to store the (B) units on top of the (A) units.

There is the middle size (C) 24 x 16 x Around 12 that we also use and it fits areas we store more stuff on top.

We have been using these containers since we bought the trailer and very pleased with the storage

Up front we are using the (D) 16 x 12 x 8 (aproximated sizes) Roughnecks again

The containers realy slide well on the carpet and usually we store the heavier stuff in the shallow containers and spare cloths and blankets in the tall ones.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What is / where is Wallyworld. It always makes me think of Chevy Chase in "Vacation", where Wally World was actually Magic Mountain.

You've never heard of Wal-Mart?? Home Depot is also known as "The Borg" (Big Orange Retail Giant), assimilating smaller hardware stores.

jbeletti

Watch the totes you buy. I bought several for my 2011 BIG HORN and didn't notice that they have tapered sides which takes a lot of room from the storage area. They do make totes with straight sides.and they will save inches between each one. Inches are importand in a confinrd space, also I made the mistake of buying too many have to consolidate and eliminate some.

C'mon Reg, stop hatin' on my tapered totes :) I buy the clear "keeps" (totes) from Sams or Costco with the blue or black lids. Hold up pretty well for several seasons and they stack well. But like Reg says, you'll lose a bit in with the tapered sides.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=466&d=1130637950

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, be nice to Larry and Jodi. They are newbies and very nice Socal people. When they get to our rally I will make sure they know all the RV slang before they leave. Besides Larry is bigger than you and Jodi (if shes like my daughter Jodi) will just take you out. LOL

Yes Wal-Mart is Wallyworld. Never have heard Sams Club called anything else but ...Sams Club.

traveler44

I used to have the deep totes in our bighorn but I found out they just weren't handy for me. I built some heavier drawers for the utility side and use open plastic oil drip pans stacked on top with my hoses and cables coiled inside. Everything I need to hook up and unhook is right there. On the door side I bought some hardware grade plastic drawers that stack 3 high and about 20" wide and 18" deep. I have a basket with the tire covers in front of it and thats all I have to move to access the drawers. In the middle I have a few items that I rarely use but need to carry. I have a couple of under the bed type 18" wide by 34" long plastic containers with wheels and made them stackable but left the lid off the top one for things that stand taller--jugs-bottles-spray cans- truck filters- etc. I fastened a pull to the bottom one and shoved it back in far enough to get my tool box in front of it. All I have to do is move the tool box and pull the cord and these roll out too. I will post pictures when I learn how. Tom M.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, be nice to Larry and Jodi. They are newbies and very nice Socal people. When they get to our rally I will make sure they know all the RV slang before they leave. Besides Larry is bigger than you and Jodi (if shes like my daughter Jodi) will just take you out. LOL

Yes Wal-Mart is Wallyworld. Never have heard Sams Club called anything else but ...Sams Club.

OK, I'll be nice to them, if you say so. SoCal, is that some kind of diet drink?? :D

jimtoo

I used to have the deep totes in our bighorn but I found out they just weren't handy for me. I built some heavier drawers for the utility side and use open plastic oil drip pans stacked on top with my hoses and cables coiled inside. Everything I need to hook up and unhook is right there. On the door side I bought some hardware grade plastic drawers that stack 3 high and about 20" wide and 18" deep. I have a basket with the tire covers in front of it and thats all I have to move to access the drawers. In the middle I have a few items that I rarely use but need to carry. I have a couple of under the bed type 18" wide by 34" long plastic containers with wheels and made them stackable but left the lid off the top one for things that stand taller--jugs-bottles-spray cans- truck filters- etc. I fastened a pull to the bottom one and shoved it back in far enough to get my tool box in front of it. All I have to do is move the tool box and pull the cord and these roll out too. I will post pictures when I learn how. Tom M.

Hi Tom,, do you have a picture or two you could post showing the "oil drip pans" and the others you use... sounds good. I have been using the larger deep totes for my hoses and stuff... this might be better.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Hi Tom,, do you have a picture or two you could post showing the "oil drip pans" and the others you use... sounds good. I have been using the larger deep totes for my hoses and stuff... this might be better.

Jim M

Jim; You need to hold an online course ( or telephone) for Tom and me to learn how to post pictures. LOL

traveler44

Hi. Jim --My grandson helped me with the pictures. Got the idea for the drain pans from watching a young fellow at a c.g. -- looked neat to me. Tom M.
012.JPG009.JPG008.JPG
door side---------- drawers opened a little --- oil drain pans-stackable

Last edited: