just ordered 08 3670RL

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello,
We just ordered an 08 Big Horn 3670RL (our first RV though we are long time boat campers) last weekend. I picked the magestic blue decor even though I've only seen it in a couple of photos, so I hope it looks the way I think it will. The factory rep., Mike Moreland was a great help smoothing the path between us and the dealer. I could also get him to answer my questions when the dealer couldn't. If he is any indication of the service offered by this company, we'll be very happy.:)

jimtoo

Welcome!

Hi Ziggy,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and congratulations on joining the ranks of owners. I am sure you will be happy with your unit and you will find lots of help, if you need it, here on the forum from members, owners and the factory.
Jim

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks Jim,
I'm sure time will bring questions. Now we just have to wait patiently for our new baby to arrive, and plan for all the stuff we need to buy that we didn't know we needed!:eek:

LSPTpr

Ziggy, I am same way. just ordered a 3600RL and if it weren't for the heartland rep that i talked to, Chris Robertson I believe, not sure if i would have went through with it. He was and still is a great help between the dealer and myself. Guess we both can't wait till 1st part of March to enjoy the new toy.

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Ziggy, welcome to the forum. We just took delivery (Feb. 31) of our 2008 3670 RL. Becky and I just got in from our first trip. Everything worked as it should. We love it......

Hope you enjoy yours.

Ron

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Ron,
We have more in common than the trailer we ordered. My husband is in law enforcement. He's riding a desk now that he is a Lt. but he sure wishes he was out there putting the bad guys in jail where they belong. Our trailer may be the only way we can get away from his cell phone. We'll have to look for the spots with no cell service!

Thanks for the greetings everyone. This forum reminds me of the forum run by our boat company. We have a Crownline boat and the owners are very active both supporting the brand all over the country, and giving the company feedback on what is good and what needs to be better. We have rallies all over the country and an unofficial Crownline rally in the area where the largest group of owners lives, which happens to be the midwest. Seems good products come from that part of the country.

Cheryl

My oldest son (23 years old) is a police officer. He was sworn in July 2005, but didn't get to go to the academy for a few months. Graduated valedictorian from WV police the academy in Charleston, Jan. 2006 with the highest score in it's history.

phranc

No Allstate needed here ,we're in good hands !!
Ziggy .. I'll bet there may be a spot or 2 open for the Rally in Elkhart ( end of May )

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks for the invite to Elkhart, but since I'm a teacher, May doesn't work too well for us. For some reason they expect me to show up when the kids do. Go figure!

We plan on a shake down in March when the trailer arrives and has its generator/2nd battery installed. Since we ordered it with dual pane windows, we should be quite comfortable regardless of the weather.

Our first big trip will be to So CA in June when our daughter will be delivering a grandchild to us. Having our daughter and son-in-law so far from us and them having a baby is one of the reasons we bought a trailer this far in advance of retirement. We plan to spend a fair amount of time down in their area and use this opportunity to "practice" our retirement plans for spending 4-6 months traveling in warmer climates each year.

Ray,
Crownline does in fact make a fine boat. We love our 210CCR and have stayed on various lakes many times. I hope we love our Heartland as much and can have a longer camping season with it than with our boat. Oregon gets a little cold in the winter for boat camping!;)

jbeletti

ziggy,

For the 2008 International Heartland Owners Rally, we may push it out by 2 weeks in order to catch those who are in education and those who have kids still in school and cannot join us due to that.

Perhaps you can catch a regional rally this year.

Jim