hot water heater

I have a sundance 3200es with the 12 gallon combination water heater and the elect works well but recently the gas stoped working . When i turn on the switsh the igniter works but it seems like the valve doesn't open for the gas it cycles three times but will not light i changed to a full bottle thinking i was out of fuel but it still just goes through the cycles but doesn't light. I have used the gas in the past and it has worked very well but now nothing.I'm thinking the problem is the valve i know there is gas at the valve because i broke the inlet line loose and purged the line but it still wont lite. So i need to buy a new valve i went to the local rv dealer here in Great Bend KS to get a new valve but they need a part number that i can't seem to find the number on the valve can you tell me what the number is or is there something else i should check before buying a new valve.

ct0218

I had a spider in my tube a couple of years ago, took a few disassembly's to catch that little rascal. I had similar symptoms, as I recall. Also, from my days as a builder, they are water heaters (since you don't need to heat hot water), not hot water heaters. My plumber was constantly correcting the homeowners, telling them that he had been a plumber for 40 years and had never seen a hot water heater, and wouldn't know how to install one. Several customers would walk off scratching their head until they caught on.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We have some friends that got a spider web in their water heater and flames came out the side of the camper. It was a new camper maybe only a month old for them. Fortunately the flame was caught immediately before anything major happened. Anyway, a little spider and it's web can cause quite a bit of frustration.

Good luck,

Mark

BigBlue

BigBlue
I've had two valves go bad already on my Monticello. The first one I called an RV Service. They came out and checked it and declared it to be the valve. After replacement water heater worked. About 9 months later, water heater stopped working again and fuses were blowing. This time I decided to see if I could troubleshoot and save some money. I found that one of the two coils developed a short. I found that when I took the leads off and measured their resistance, one was about 8 ohms and the other was about 0.6 ohms. You can't get the coils alone so I purchased another valve, replaced the old one and I was back in business. So valves can go bad.