Ordering the new Couch with Air-mattress

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I sure am inpressed by the new couch with the air-matress in it. Since the color schemes have stayed the same into 2008 from 2007, would it be possible to order one of these couches? I'm assuming it would match, we have the Patina interior.

We have a 3055, would we be able to get it in and the old out of the coach. We could always use the old style in our home.../Doug

happyrover

New air mattress

DougLynne, what is the deal with the air mattress furniture? Talked with a dealer today and they are not aware of any nre furniture. Would that be something new in the Landmark. Sure soundsl interesting to me!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Happyover
Check out the Heartland web site, on the Bighorn page there is a picture. Also do a search, there is a video on how to open and close the unit. Looks real nice. Also, I know my original sofa, the back lifts off real easy. This makes removal from the coach a two step process.

randes

I had tried to look at the video about a week ago, but it was taking so long to download on "Dial-up" that I gave up. Tonight I just let it run until it was ready. WOW!!! That is one sweet unit! We plan to order a new 3055 in about two weeks. It's hard to believe all the changes they have made for 2008.

If you haven't seen it, check it out!
Roy

tcbrady

The hide-a-bed air mattress is a new feature available in both Bighorn and Big Country. You can order an air mattress sofa through our parts department - not sure the exact cost.

Hope this helps - feel free to call or respond if you need further info.

thanks,

jbeletti

Hi all,

I called Heartland's Customer Service Department today to check them out and to find out for Chopper Bill in another thread, if the current recessed ceiling mount speakers could be ordered through them.

While on the line with Susan, I asked her about the new sofabed and she confirmed what Coley stated - that it is orderable should someone want to do so.

Bear in mind that all parts should be ordered through a dealer and in the case of a sofa, that considerable lead-time will need to be factored in for Flair to upholster a sofa in your decor and for Heartland to motor-freight it to your dealer.

Jim

DougLynne

I have a further question. What kind of power is needed? Shore power or 12V?.../Doug

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
New Flair Hide a Bed

I saw the Flair Hide a Bed being demostrated in a Keystone Big Sky at a RV Show in Ft. Worth last weekend. It uses 120 Volt power. However the pump or blower did not seem that it would use a lot wattage so if dry camping a small inverter could be used. My guess, just a guess, some where in the 400 Watt range.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Terry H said:
I saw the Flair Hide a Bed being demostrated in a Keystone Big Sky at a RV Show in Ft. Worth last weekend. It uses 120 Volt power. However the pump or blower did not seem that it would use a lot wattage so if dry camping a small inverter could be used. My guess, just a guess, some where in the 400 Watt range.
Hey Terry H. I really like your first name. Have a great day. Terry D.

DougLynne

I looked in to the pricing and the factory quoted $600 and my CDN dealer quoted $1000 plus freight. Now I know with exchange that brings it up to just over $700 so dealer is making and very nice profit of $300. Will have to look into alternate purchase method, maybe a US dealer or the factory directly. I understand I can't order from the Heartland factory. Would be nice if we could and pick it up at the rally..../Doug

jbeletti

Doug,

Consider getting a quote from Great Lakes RV Center/Hartland RV Outlet, the local dealer in Elkhart or Lakeshore RV over the border in Michigan.

Then have them have Flair bring the sofa to you at the rally.

Just a thought.

Jim

ChopperBill

Had some guests for 3 nights that used our hide a bed.(old style) I apologized for the mattress ahead of time. They said it was pretty comfy. Coming from a couple that still has a water bed I thought that was a pretty good complement. Hey, I don't have to sleep on it!

DougLynne

Jim, thanks for the quick reply, sounds like a plan will look into. I also contacted Flair directly and will see what they have to say. The only issue I see with the direct contact with Flair is making sure of matching our colors code..../Doug

dtvista

Couch with Air-mattress

I am getting my Bighorn 3055 next week and today I looked at the Air mattress coach. It looked like it runs off 120 only. I was under the impression it was 12 volt. What does one do when dry camping?

Dave

jbeletti

Dave,

You should be able to use a small portable inverter to power the pump. Check with Flair to get specs on wattage at 110 VAC so you can size a small inverter.