model number versus actual length

vrugt

What is the relation between the model number and the actual length of a FW?
The 2 leading digits on the model number of most RV brands indicate the length of the RV, not so on the Heartland models. For example the 3600RL is 38'3" long according to the specs. However I've seen dealers listing the length as 36', 37' and even 39'! Also, what is defined as the length, kingpin to rear bumper, front to end or what?

ChopperBill

It probably designates inside measurement. Only Titanium give TRUE measurements in their model designations to my knowledge.

5erWonk

Not sure where the actual measurement is derived, but I have found very few that have and OD that corresponds to the model number. My 2955 Montana had a listed OD of 32'+. When I measured for a cover I measured from the nose (not hitch) to the ladder and was at 34'-6".

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I was told that if you measure from the mirrored door to this inside of the back window, that will give you what is on the door,"probably"

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the 3400 and it measures 36' 11" from the inside closet wall at the front of the trailer (shoe shelves) to the inside back wall under the huge window. A 100 ft. tape will do it in a straight line. I don't know why they call it a 3400 either but I like it.