No Heartlands in Mexico

5erWonk

I just got back from working in Mexico and was surprised to see the number of RVs down there, maybe I just never paid attention before. I was working between Culiacan and Mazatlan, and saw two caravans with no less than 25 rigs heading north on Hwy 15. Saw several parks in Mazatlan area but no Hearlands, mostly Montanas, Hitchhikers, and motorhomes.

Kiko

October thru April you'll see a lot of Canadians coming down the coast road for their 6 month vacations. Not likely that you will see as many RV's in the interior area. My Bighorn is parked south of Guadalajara. My problem here is that my height is at 13'6" and many overhangs won't accomodate me so I end up dry camping at a Pemex.

I rarely see more than a handful of RVs when I cross from Laredo to Guadalajara on a two day run. Once a caravan of Class A's came through Guanajuato City and the wagon master got the lead RV stuck in the first overpass. What a mess that was.

When I stop at Pemex to load up on fuel, its not unusual for the Mexicans to want to take a peek inside. In most of the smaller towns, they have never seen an RV.

Que la vaya bien,