View Full Version : Propane grill connection

Bob Vaughn
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Of all the great and wonderful things I found on the Big Country like the Toy Lock? I wonder why they did not include an external gas connector for a grill or a propane campfire...My grandaughters love campfires and marshmallows and hot dogs but I hate the smell and mess plus having to find fire wood and getting it started.....:cool:

01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I always wondered why they did not put one on the Bighorn...

06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi Jimmy,

I had the dealer install them on my 3585RL and they work great. I have two outlets, one for the BBQ and one for a CampChef stove. They each have independent shut off valves and are regulated by the trailer system. They are located just in front of the entrance door on the right side of the trailer. I had plumbed this type of thing in myself on my previous unit and really appreciated the convenience of having them.

06-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks Jim, I am going to look into doing this..

06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
do i want to tap into the regulated? all the gas grills i have have regulators built into them. is it harder to tap before the regulator?

06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
do i want to tap into the regulated? all the gas grills i have have regulators built into them. is it harder to tap before the regulator?

Are you sure your Sundance does not have a gas supply outlet mounted to the frame behind the curb side tires? Ours came with the quick connector and valve installed, it is a regulated line which means you have to remove the regulator from the grill or you will not get much gas flow and have very low flame. I had to make a adapter to connect to my coleman grill. You can make a connection to high pressure side of the system but you would be only on one container at a time and depending on your plumbing skill I would say stay away from this idea. You have to make sure you have the pipe fittings and such that are rated for this service.

07-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I found a brass quick connect on curb side of my 2011 Sundance 3100ES that appears to be part of the gas line. The dealer didn't mention it & I didn't get a male end to use with it. Can you tell me what I need to get to use it?

The trailer is getting some warranty work done, so I can't tell you if it's a 1/4" or 3/8" connector.

07-11-2011, 07:14 AM
You can buy the fitting you need at camping world. You may have to remove the pressure regulator on your BBQ for it to work. I have a 305rw and had to replace the whole valve and remove the regulator.

Ray LeTourneau
07-11-2011, 07:23 AM
We used to have one of those Extend a Stay things that "T" into the valve on the tank. Not as easy as the quick disconnects your referring to but we didn't like grilling that close to the rig. I find it easier to carry a 20# cylinder in a milk crate, strapped in a corner of the truck bed. Plus, we use that cylinder for a portable campfire in a can things. Some of the fancy RV parks don't allow ground fires.