Just joined the family!

6.7powerstroke

Well, our Keystone Cougar is history and we are on our way to becoming Road Warrior owners. The dealer gave us the deal we wanted and we signed all of the paperwork a few hours ago. We just ordered a 2011 Road Warrior 30C, which will be a second run including the new front storage and Titanium nose cap. We are very excited to get this guy. Scheduled to be building these the week of 2/1 so it should be in Colorado by the end of February. Looking forward to being a frequent visitor to this site and learning as much as we can. Thanks for the all help in the buying process, we couldn't be happier. I will post pics once we get the new ride.

jimtoo

Hey ,,,, great news... Welcome to the Heartland Family.... We are here to help if needed.

Stay tuned in.. lots of information is here.

Jim M

rustyshakelford

thats great! now im jealous! We ordered our cyclone 11jan11 and its not going online until the week up Feb 7! We are planning on getting it the first week of march! Enjoy

brett

6.7powerstroke

Brand new floor plan, it isn't even on their website yet. It has the Titanium nose that extends over the cab of the truck so you end up getting around a 38 foot camper with only a 32 tow length. They haven't uploaded it onto Heartland's website yet as they have stopped production on the Road Warrior while they make a minor change in the design. The Cyclone version will be the 300C. The floor plan is exactly the same as the Voltage 3200. 10 foot box for our mountain bikes and a giant wrap around couch. All new graphics and wheels for 2011, along with interior. We were really blown away, it is very nice, but very tasteful, not over the top. I will make sure to get some pics up when I get it!

6.7powerstroke

So, the reason we went with a toy hauler is that the whole family is HUGE mountain bikers. If you know much about high end mountain bikes, they can run as much as new motorcycles and are a heck of a lot easier to steal too! I was wondering if anyone had a good idea on a racking system for the garage where we can keep them. I was looking for some sort of a rack that I can park the bikes in and not have to worry about them rolling out or taking of tires to secure. I have seen some pick-up stand up racks, but thought they might be a bit too narrow. Has anyone built or bought anything that works well? Open to all suggestions. Thanks!

truknutt

Committed Member
How many bikes are you talking about? How about a rack that mounts inside for travel and then is set up outside while camping; but secured to the rig? Is this your plan?

6.7powerstroke

Ideally, I would like to be able to fit 6 bikes in the rack. most of the pick-up racks I have seen will allow up to 4 and I would think that the inside of the garage would be a little wider than the truck bed. We would also like to be able to take it out of the garage and put it outside. I was thinking about making something out of either plastic or metal conduit, but if there is something people have used, would rather just buy it. I did find this one online

http://www.bikerackshops.com/HGR2025.html

But I am not sure I could adapt it for the garage because it might not be wide enough. Also, it only holds 4 bikes and I would really like 6.