PPA - Any feedback?

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Good things to know. I received my HOC plaque yesterday,,very nice. We also got the certificate for Passport America.. Has any one used this in any campgrounds. From what I saw after logging on to their web site there is a lot of times they are not allowed, and no reservations. Also tomorrow is the big day we take delivery on our new BigHorn 3585 RL. We are so excited....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: bike rack?

Larry, we have used Passport America every time we can. It works like a charm and love the discount.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Have you had any problem using PA on weekends or holidays.. The places I was looking at said it was only good Mon. thru Thurs... I like the half off discount.. So I guess one would just have to shop around..

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

When we have to travel on the weekends and holidays, we can't use the discounts but when possible we do use them. We ran into a park in northern New Mexico that only offers the PA discount from November thru April. I asked them how many RV's came through to use the discount but they didn't answer me. Guess I hit a nerve...

SmokeyBare

I've used Passport America for several years now. It has paid for it self several times over each year. The notes of times are always a good guide but if you call the Passport Park when traveling, they can always make an exception to those rules. Many times I've ask and have had exceptions to what was listed. Never hurts to ask.

jbeletti

I just joined today. Redeemed my freebie certificate for joining this club :) Went smoothly by phone. I also downloaded their free iPhone app. Slick! They have Android and I believe Blackberry versions as well. And you don't need to be a club members to find their participating campgrounds.

Jim

Wharton

We are lifetime members of PA and have paid for our membership several times over and we only are on the road 4 months of the year. We have found that if a CG has restrictions, give them a call. We have never been turned away. We stay at a several CGs that have restrictions on a regular basis and it is always OK. If they have the space available it is better to have a PPA person filling it than no one at all.

dewwood

I just joined earlier this week. I tried to join online using the certificate I received when joining HOC but it said the promo code was invalid. I called and they were very helpful and checked the number and told me it was good and signed me up. Will be interested to see how it works on a trip we are planning for this spring. Could not afford not to join with the free coupon from HOC.

JonV

I just joined today. Redeemed my freebie certificate for joining this club :) Went smoothly by phone. I also downloaded their free iPhone app. Slick! They have Android and I believe Blackberry versions as well. And you don't need to be a club members to find their participating campgrounds.

Jim

The Blackberry BETA version came out 3 days ago but anyone who wants it has to ask. Looks great so far.

olcoon

We joined PA last year & just renewed our membership. We love it! We've mainly used it while on the road for a night to stay. Last year we were in CO for a month, and had reservations at one campground over Memorial Day weekend. They told us they couldn't give the discount to us over the weekend, and when we paid the bill....they honored the discount for our whole stay.

JohnHD

Hi LarryKeever,

Hope you made the choice to purchase PPA, I did not buy mine until this last August 2011 and it has worked great. I have been on the road since August and it has already paid for its self. If I continue to using it over the next couple of years, I will probably become life time member, it saves you that much money. It is very worthwhile.

Good Luck Traveling.

khalsey

I just received a notice that Camp Club USA just teamed up with Passport and added about 600 campgrounds to Passport and and also received a new Passport card with the remaining time I had with Camp Club added to it. I have had Passport for several years and it has always saves us some money on our longer travels. I had Camp Club a couple of years but most of the campgrounds were also in Passport so I wasn't going to renew it anyway.