Removal of Carpet in BH 3670RL

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mr. Coley, I sure wish I would have actually spent some more time looking at this unit while at the Houston RV show and had a chance to speak with you but by the time we got to that part of show, DW was getting tired and cranky. I want to ask you if it would possible at the factory level on a custom order to get the carpet removed in the living room area around the outside of the kitchen counter area back to just in from of the recliners. I understand that some carpet would need to be left in front of the slides for correct operation. We would also like to remove the carpet from the steps leading up to the bathroom area. We would prefer this to be done at the factory than at a dealer. A big reason for us wanting this is that we camp and tailgate in some areas that get pretty dirty and would rather not worry about carpet in the common areas. Can you please let me know if this can be done.

Thank you

jassson007

Mr. Brady or someone from the factory, is there a way that you could possibly answer my question in the above post?

tcbrady

I'm sorry I did not respond earlier - we generally do not make changes to carpet lines here at the factory. Changes like these are very difficult to execute when running a production line at 10 per day. If we allowed customers to pre-select their carpet lines we would lose efficiency which would result in a dip in overall quality.

Please keep in mind that the lino lays under the carpet in the area you are requesting carpet so the carpet line could be pulled back at you local dealer. Give me a call if you would like to discuss further.

thanks,

jassson007

Thank you...

Mr. Brady

Thank you for the reply. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the carpet is laid over the linoleum and I would need to get a dealer to do something like this? I certainly appreciate the answer and was hoping that it could be taken care of prior to coach leaving factory but I do understand where you are comming from. Again thanks for your help.

Andy

Dusty

I had the carpet removed from the kitchen, living room area except for the door side slide, and had pergo put in. It looks great, works very well. However, (isn't there always a however?) you do need to provide some sort of padding when the slides are in and you are traveling if you don't want the slide rollers to put markes on the floor. I solved this by buying some matts from wally world and cutting them and placing them in front of the rollers when i run the slides in, works for me, and lord i love the pergo. My dealer installed mine, the cost was not real cheap, I furnished the pergo, about 500.00 and the labor was about 400.oo at my dealer. but it was worth it.

jassson007

Dusty said:
I had the carpet removed from the kitchen, living room area except for the door side slide, and had pergo put in. It looks great, works very well. However, (isn't there always a however?) you do need to provide some sort of padding when the slides are in and you are traveling if you don't want the slide rollers to put markes on the floor. I solved this by buying some matts from wally world and cutting them and placing them in front of the rollers when i run the slides in, works for me, and lord i love the pergo. My dealer installed mine, the cost was not real cheap, I furnished the pergo, about 500.00 and the labor was about 400.oo at my dealer. but it was worth it.

Well since I posted this, I have spoken with my potential dealer and he said he could take care of it for me but we discussed the slides and we understand that a portion of carpet will be left in front of the slide.

Dusty

Yep,
I was advised that the slides had to remain carpet too. and it doesnt look bad that way. Lots less carpet to get dirty than before. We left the bed room carpeted as well.

Dusty