Extended Warranties

Has anyone purchased an extended 7 year warranty for their coach. My dealer offered one to me for $223, per year. Interested in oponions on this subject.
Mark

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
M Hamilton said:
Has anyone purchased an extended 7 year warranty for their coach. My dealer offered one to me for $223, per year. Interested in oponions on this subject.
Mark
We purchased it and we are glad we did. I know it is a little pricey,but it is good to know it is there after your manufactors warranty runs out. Had to have a slide roller replaced on our Landmark slide out,and the extended warranty paid off.

mufflerman

I think it's well worth it, My cyclone as been in the shop more than not, Heartland allready extended my warranty 6 mo. and I only have 3 mo. left. All my warranty work won't be done by then. Should be interesting to see if I'm left high and dry?

ChopperBill

Extended warranties are the biggest waste of money you can spend. Never pay off. Have never bought one. **** I wish I had one on my Bighorn!:eek:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
mufflerman said:
I think it's well worth it, My cyclone as been in the shop more than not, Heartland allready extended my warranty 6 mo. and I only have 3 mo. left. All my warranty work won't be done by then. Should be interesting to see if I'm left high and dry?
I would think that if your dealer knows of your problems before the warranty expires that the work would be completed under the warranty.

mufflerman

trdeal.
The problem is I haven't been able to use it to find all the issue's.
You find more problems when you can use the r.v.
I've had keystone, fleetwood & winnebago,s and never felt the need for a ext. warranty but with heartland I will be buying one (or two ) or sell it and accept my loss as a learning experience.

extended warranty

I'm also a little concerned, since we live in California and purchased our Big Horm 3055, out of state, the local dealer or if were on a trip the local dealer might not be too excited about fixing out coach. I'm told with the extended warranty anyone can repair the problem and will be paid by the insurance company.
Mark

svd

We bought one, paid about the same price. Haven't needed it yet, but it brings peace of mind.

happyrover

Warrantees

M Hamilton said:
Mark

Mark, got a quote on a 7 year warranty from Assurant Co. at a cost of $3212.00, so you are getting a deal at $223.00 annually. What is the name of the Company offering the warranty?

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We bought a 5 year up hear in Canada and if we don't have to make a claim we get it all back except for something like a $100. We paid $2,195. Doug

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
I think I need one too!

Does anybody have any experience with Camping Worlds warranty. I got a quote of $30 a month for my Big Horn. My understanding is that it would cover the damage done if a blown tire damaged the wheel well, something the manufactures warranty will not cover.

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
Camping Worlds deal

I talked to them this morning and found that they would not cover the wheel well if a tire blew. Apparently my GMAC insurance would cover that. I am looking at what they will cover, over and above, the existing warranties, and I don't think their exposure to risk is worth the money at this time. Possibly in another year or two.