Big Country front cap color...

Bob Vaughn

I want to get my truck painted to match the color of the front cap of our Big Country....At the paint shop what color should I request??? Gray comes in many shades?;)

jnbhobe

A good paint supplier should have a hand held computer that will be able to identify the paint and come up with a formula if I'm not mistaken !! Maybe someone else who is a body man or painter will have some insite.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our Landmark has the paint color codes recorded on a sheet in the cabinet where all the controld and switches are. Perhaps the Big Country has the same thing?

Bob Vaughn

I will check on that as soon as we take delivery.....Good idea....
Beings I was in the Navy for 23 years I can relate to what Mark Twain said

GOTTOYS

I believe the color is in the gelcoat it's not paint. Thus no paint codes to work off of. A good bodyshop will be able to match it. Yikes! Bring your wallet, a good quality repaint on a truck with a color change and basecoat/clearcoat paint runs in the $5,000 range around here..Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hey...I admit I am color blind but I think the GM Silver Birch goes really nice with the Big Country color scheme! :D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
GOTTOYS is correct...the Big Country is all gelcoat, no paint...I agree that a nice silver...like the one in my avatar will go nicely!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Any bodyshop worth there salt will have books of paint chips. When holding paint chips up to the front cap...make sure that you do it in bright sun and shade. They should be able to get a 6"x 6" chip that you and tape to the cap and look at in all lites. You have to be careful with high metalic and pearl based paints. They will change color in different lites.